Thread: Warn SnoWinch??

Talking Warn SnoWinch??

Has anyone had any experience with the Warn snowinch?? Buying a 2007
    Yamaha VK & am sure I won't be able to budge it if I do get stuck!!

Yes I used one 2 years ago in Maine. We had about 3 feet of snow and then it rained on it for 2 days. We had some pretty deep slush holes and of course some people got stuck in them. Just hooked up the winch and jumpered to the battery and out they came! Worked super in my opinion!!

I used mine the first weekend I had it. Two years ago I fell in a creek and winched myself out. It has never been off the machine since. I used it again this Christmas moose hunting. We had to climb up about a 5 foot creek bank and I spun out on the rocks in the creek before I even got to the bank. We stretched out the ropes and winched up and over. Oh yeah, I was pulling a Bush Sled with a moose in it too! I run an Expedition TUV and the winch fits perfectly under the passenger seat. Almost like it was made for it.

Thanks for the input guys...I think i'll pick one up.got a price from Cabela's for $249
    Buzzy

Dang! That is a great price.

Mod Elan ; So The Winch Does Fit In The Seat Compartment Of The New Exp Tuv .

Yes. It fits under the rear seat not the flip up front seat. They did a good job designing the rear seat because it's concave and combined with the rack area that extends under the seat it's just right for the winch to fit in and doesn't let it slip out the back either. The new SWT seat is the same also. The only thing with the winch is you have to hook it a little shorter in the front since the battery is under the main seat. I tried hooking it long this last time and the wires are not quite long enough. Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know. For the older machines with a battery under the hood this is not an issue.

I just picked up an 07 VK also, and already got it nicely stuck in overflow. had to hike back 2 miles to get a come-along and 100 ft of rope. the winch would have been nice, but where would it mount on this machine? any photos of you guys that have them?

you normaly use a short strap between the winch and the machine. from the front you would grab one of the ski's hand loops and from the back grab the hitch if you have a shackle of the cargo rack if you don't.

The Expedition TUV has a nifty tow point built into the front of the frame. It's located under the front curve of the tub. I have used this before but usually tow from the spindles. The winch bag with everything in it measures 8x12 and 7 inches high. Those are maximum measurements as the bag is flexible and will mash into a little smaller space if necessary. If you can find a place to put it I highly recommend carrying one in the widetracks. If nothing else throw a foldup comalong and a couple hundred feet of rope on the machine.

I canít say if the Warn SnoWinch is worth the cost. What I can say is you need to carry other items to guarantee you will be able to get out, at least give yourself a fighting chance. Iíve seen a snowmobile in 12Ē of overflow frozen solid. The only way that snowmachine was coming out was for someone to chop it out with an ax.

Several years ago I cut across a lake and found myself in two feet of over flow for 100 yards in all directions. It was impossible to lift the snowmobile out of the frozen slush. 3 very strong men tried and could hardly move it. In 20 min I had lifted my snowmobile out of the slush by myself, cleared the track of ice and went 50 feet only to get stuck again. I then made a trail out through the overflow. Once again I lifted my machine up, cleared the track and drove out, with the three guys looking on in disbelief. A car jack is essential.