Thread: 350 HP Yamaha 4-stroke

Default 350 HP Yamaha 4-stroke

Sheesh, I was at Borders earlier today thumbing thru Sportfish magazine and came across an ad for the new Yamaha 350 hp outboard, 4-stroke.
    I thought the 300 hp Suzuki was gonna be king for awhile, but I guess there's no end to technology & horsepower; I imagine 500 hp won't be too far fetched as time goes on; as long as these motors prove to be economical & reliable, can't imagine sterndrives being able to compete unless it's a diesel.
    Kinda makes sense to get rid of the space a motor box requires as well and gain some deck. Seems like the Deep Creek guys are quick to upgrade motors; interesting to see what shows up this summer.
    Jim

Cool

My first thought on reading about the new eco-friendly Yamaha V-8 350 hp outboard was, "In this day of $4+ gas at the dock, what would a weekend boater need with something like this?"

Then I remembered: Who wouldn't want a 31x10 party barge that goes 38.7 mph?

http://www.boatingworldonline.com/Ar...aters_PTX.html

While the Yamaha might be the biggest at the moment (I am a Yamaha guy), the Mercury Verado is very capable of producing 500hp, very easily. My dad, in his retirement, went back to work for a Mercury dealer, he went yearly trainings in WS. and saw the Verado in action, with a simple twist of a screw or two the engineers were able to produce 500hp, no problem and run it for hours on end. The Verado system is pretty advanced for outboards, while they are very large in size, the have the ability to produce HP.

Yammie V-8 is a heavy bugger! More than 800 pounds. The suzuki 300 weighs about the same as the yamaha 250, not sure about the verado 300. That v-8 platform will most certainly be tweeked to turn out a lot more ponies as will the verado. Really, I do not think you can go wrong with any of the big dawg 4 strokes. It comes down to dealer support for me and yamaha is my choice.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I don't own an ocean boat but I think I would like twins sitting behind me.

Default twin 350's

Here is a link to the first twin 350 yammies on a boat in Canada

http://lifetimer.bc.ca/

No other info, just a picture, but they sure look nice!!!!