Thread: Bremner river float

Default Bremner river float

I am trying to decide between floating the Bremner or the Nizina river this summer. Has anyone had any experience on the Bremner?

Default Bremner

I have not floated it but I know who has. PM if you want the details.

Mark

Have you read this yet?

Map of some of the private lands along the Bremner:
    http://www.chugach-ak.com/images/tract37map.jpg

Thanks Mark and Byrd Hntr. It looks like we will do the Nizina because of the logistical problems and cost of the Bremner. Thanks again. Todd

Looks like this post is a bit late, but can maybe shed some light on the Bremner.

I packrafted the Bremner in early August 2006, putting in at the confluence of the North and Middle Forks. The upper section is class II, Three-Mile canyon is class III, and after that the river gets super wide, braided, and shallow in places. Also, the wind can RIP upstream on the lower stretch (just like on the Copper) and make forward progress impossible. Watch out for bears! Since I walked in I don't know where the usual put in is, but talking to others I have heard there is a gravel bar someplace along the upper section before the Three Mile canyon where a Supercub can land.

It is a pain in the butt to get there but that area is fantastic! Of course, the Nizina is REALLY fantastic as well, but a bit closer

Default bremner ?

Would you go through the trouble to boat the Bremner again? Is there some class lll or alot? Basically is it worth the trouble?
    thanks MO

Quote Originally Posted by Kennicott View Post
    Looks like this post is a bit late, but can maybe shed some light on the Bremner.

I packrafted the Bremner in early August 2006, putting in at the confluence of the North and Middle Forks. The upper section is class II, Three-Mile canyon is class III, and after that the river gets super wide, braided, and shallow in places. Also, the wind can RIP upstream on the lower stretch (just like on the Copper) and make forward progress impossible. Watch out for bears! Since I walked in I don't know where the usual put in is, but talking to others I have heard there is a gravel bar someplace along the upper section before the Three Mile canyon where a Supercub can land.

It is a pain in the butt to get there but that area is fantastic! Of course, the Nizina is REALLY fantastic as well, but a bit closer
    Hi there,

I'd like to learn a bit more about that potential landing spot on Bremner rive above 3-mile canyon. Can you point me in a right direction?

We did the Skolai - Nizina trek and then floated to the Chitina bridge. I want to do a similar thing: trek from Iceberg Lakes (or from Bremner mines) to the place that is not too far from Bremner N. Fork junction, descend to the river, get our catamarans by air and continue to Copper. What do you think, feasible?