Thread: Just went to the Seattle Boat Show

Default Just went to the Seattle Boat Show

Well as an acknowledged boat addict, I went to the boat show just to look. I had gone with an agenda but ended up with less clear idea of what I thought I wanted than when I came in.

In the 18-22 aluminum range 35k will get you any thing you want. Up to 100K will get you a 22-26 aluminum hard top wooldridge, Northriver, Hewes, Raider (with a few top end exceptions ACB, lifetimer).

For 55k you can get a new parker 23 with 250 yamaha, and for 68K you can get a 24' Seasport charter model. Both with trailers. Also liked Definace and Twinvee. I was darn surprised with the Seasport charter...

There is definately a price range breaking point where for a bigger boat you dollar will go farther with fiberglass than aluminum.

Sobie2

Default Seasport 24 charter

That does not sound to bad for the price (the seasport). I'm going the the Vancouver boat show next week, I have heard the Seattle one is bigger.
    I did not see Seasport on the exhibitors list for Vancouver hopefully something is there to look at.

Are you sure about the Sea sport for $68000?Seems way low

Boondocks Boat and motors... I just looked them on the internet and they have that Seasport for 69,995 on the internet. 24' charter with Yamaha F250

Sobie2

Interesting new boat (Charter's) by Sea Sport. From what I can see is they are totally stripped down and lacking a sink, cabinet doors, storage drawers, dinette, dinette that converts to a bed, extra windshield wipers, etc. Plus no heater or defroster cause it is outboard powered.
    Still, they managed to keep the price down and may capture some of the market share. That boat should offer a ton of storage area without an inboard in the dog house.
    In my opinion the 250 Yamaha would be marginal with a couple of people and full fuel tanks.
    Just a hint, if someone is interested in these boats try buying one from another dealer. When I purchased mine 2 years ago Boondocks was about 10,000 higher in price than what I negotiated down to locally. Bad time to buy a new boat of this size, wait till July or August and order it for the following year.
    Tennessee

You are lucky you were able to go. I wanted to attend but am stuck at work. Oh well, maybe next year!!! I have heard the Seattle boat show is one of the best.

AkBillyBow