Thread: Native Corporation Land Hunting Permission

Default Native Corporation Land Hunting Permission

What is the proper way to go about obtaining permission to hunt in and around Native Corporation Land. How do you find out what land belongs to the corporation and what land does not?

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    What is the proper way to go about obtaining permission to hunt in and around Native Corporation Land. How do you find out what land belongs to the corporation and what land does not?
    Not sure what you mean about hunting around native land and what permission might be needed there. As far as hunting on native land, many native corporations have websites with land ownership maps and information addressing your very question. State of Alaska DNR, BLM, USFWS and other agencies all have various maps that are available on the web depicting land status, right of ways, etc. Just takes some looking around to find them. If you know who the owner of the land in question is, you should call and ask to speak with someone in the land management program.

Default Moosedrool:

A lot will depend on where you live. Up here in NW Alaska the NANA native corp. only allows people who have lived up here for at least 5 years to apply for a use permit and it is not a general permit but you must map out where and what you plan to do. It has gotten tighter in the past 2 years and I donít know but I am very happy to be able to get mine each year. I spend a lot of time on NANA lands and much of my fishing, hunting and berry picking is done on native lands. I also own a place in the Copper River Valley near Gakona, wonderful place but there is 0% chance of getting a permit. Itís a shame because there is so many wonderful places out in the Glennallen area that you are not allowed to go.

I would call your local Native Corporation and ask to speak to some one in their Realty Division and ask the question but donít be surprised is it is a no.

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Backcountry Rentals
    Your best bet in Rafts and camp rentals
    www.northwestalaska.com
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    33 miles north of the Arctic Circle

Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska View Post
    but donít be surprised is it is a no.
    Or, in some cases, a permit that may cost $$$.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Wow Dave. Ask and ye shall receive!

Default denali highway

who is buying up the denali highway went up there in the fall and there were posted signs everywhere?
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default Hunting native lands

The Alaska hunting regulation book has a list of native corps, what game units they have land holdings in and their phone numbers. Page 8.

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    Wow Dave. Ask and ye shall receive!
    No problem......

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Ahtna

Quote Originally Posted by y2kadle View Post
    who is buying up the denali highway went up there in the fall and there were posted signs everywhere?
    That would be AHTNA

Thanks, should be able to find everything that I need.

http://www.doyonlands.com/

largest private landholder in the state. They do not issue land use permits to non-shareholders.
    Last edited by Snyd; 01-30-2008 at 23:19.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by y2kadle View Post
    As previously posted a lot of that country is Ahtna land, but they have not been buying it up just posting it recently. If you looked closely at the posted signs you would have seen the Ahtna address on them.

Regional corporations are one thing, but to get more personal you'll have to talk to the village corporations as well. People also have allotments, parcels of land they own. You have to have permission to hunt there also.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!