Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My field guide to tracks...

Default My field guide to tracks...

maybe this is will get moved but i didn't know where else to put it, had some work done this christmas, tracks are modeled off pictures of tracks of bears that i guided for last year, wife got matching ones on her foot as well. i know i'm not the the only tainted skin out there so i figured i'd share it with you guys!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Wink

Oh, No! We're being overrun by freaks. grin

Good verse Jake, especially for a guide.

Nice tattoo. Who did it for you, if you don't mind my asking?
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Default not bad

From a tattoo artist stand point I can tell you that it's nice to see work like that. I also noticed your life and death, looks a little old and could use a touch up. Not trying to bust your chops but it things work out and the wife and I get our move done I may be openning a shop there. You can see some of the things I've done at http://uniqueinktattoo.com/

Cool
    "For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me."
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

it was done at anchorage tattoo studio, larry allens place, kirk is the guy who did it.
    ya the other one on that arm is about 8 years old now i think...something like that. i'm diggin' my tracks though, waited about 3 years for it, took almost four hours and the guy charged me 300 bucks for it, he way underguessed that one, so i game him an extra 100 as a christmas gift, i had it budgeted for six hundred...if i had know, i'd have the tracks all the way over the shoulder and down the other arm!!!
    Master guide 212

I had one done there back in 1997 with a wolf in it, and it still looks good today. The guys there do a great job, and I know there was a woman working there as a tattoo artist as well back then.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

And here I thought I was the only one that had bear track tatoo's on his arms........

lol nope, we all do!
    Master guide 212

Default maybe later

I would say that he under estimated it. Glad to hear that you were good enough to take care of him, i run into many of people that don't. Maybe we can work something out later when the wife and I make it up there if you want to get it continued Any recommendations as to an area that could use another shop?

i wans't impressed with the shops in the mat valley, thats probably the fastest growing arear around, larry allen pretty much has the anchorage market, he's been there forever and does great work. but i'd have gotten it done out here in wasilla if the place i went into had some sorta cleaning lady, or a lady by the counter who wasn't wearing half a leather outfitt, big turn off going into a dirty place...
    Master guide 212

I'm wanting another outdoor related tatoo but haven't come up with anything yet, when it "comes" to me I will know it. I like original stuff that I found somewhere or thought up.

its neat to have related stuff to what we do, hunting tats seem few and far between, i know browning's buckmark has been done a million times by now but other stuff you rarely see.
    i'd like to have a grizzly bear skull on my back and a tlingit looking salmon i'd like on my arm as well, keep the theme going.i'm sure i can dream up more stuff than i've got money for!!
    Master guide 212

A dall ram skull with horns or a big bull moose skull with a huge rack would be cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    or a lady by the counter who wasn't wearing half a leather outfitt, big turn off going into a dirty place...

I know the place you're talking about. They used to be twice as big, but told me they donated the other "half" to the Vets next door. The guy actually does good work, it's too bad the appearance of the place doesn't promote a better image.

Thomas Jefferson

Talking hunting tattoos

Brwnbr:

you need to add some secret codes to your artwork, like GPS coordinates hidden within the text, or a map to that sheep honeyhole that is visible when you look at the image in a mirror...

lol i had a sheep honey hole you could access from the truck, i told some folks on here about it, but i think they thought i was kiddin'! now its a drawing area so it don't matter anymore i guess.
    i've thought about just getting a cammo pattern done and start hunting...umm bare...?
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i've thought about just getting a cammo pattern done and start hunting...umm bare...?
    LOL... not THAT's funny....
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Looking around

We are comming in april to look the area over. My wife is a nurse and looking at some of the jobs with the VA. We plan to look all over the the Anchorage area but we want something out of the way and are considering the Palmer, Wasilla area. If you looked at my web site you can see the knid of shop that I run and the kind of work that I do. I'm hoping to get to do more wildlife since I don't get much of that around here.

Default Brwnbr

I like wildlife tatoos . Does Kirk have a web site you know of . Cool tracks by the way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast