Thread: Justice

Thumbs up Justice

Well this weekend the wife and I were checking the line and found that someone had taken the liberty to spring some traps and knock over the snares at three different sites over a miles distance apart. Since it had snowed in the morning and the tracks were still fresh we tracked the fool down (he was walking). When we confronted him all he would say "was I was stupid I shouldn't have touched them". When Deb went to call the authorities he was pleading and crying. When the officer arrived he just kept saying I was stupid (he also says he has trapped in the past (I call Bullsh--)). The officer called Fish and Game they told him if he has admitted to messing with the traps cite him. His day in court is in February. HOW COOL

Thumbs up

He should be thanking you that you called the authorities and didn't put a beating on him. Good to see the dumbass got caught.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Yes a whoopin crossed my mind but I know if I did then that would end my hunting and trapping and thats what I live for. We need to go back to frontier law.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 01-28-2008 at 11:21. Reason: language

Default Good for you

It's great to hear things like that!!! Just a little curious about his age and what he was doing? Not that it matters, You are a better man than me because the Jarhead in me might have decided that he needed an old fashion lesson.

Smile nice catch

catching that s.o.b had to be more rewarding than catching what ever your snare target was.. great catch.. hope they fry him

It's good to see that every once in a while a fool like that does get caught. I kinda gotta agree on the "frontier justice" part though. Many times the court system's idea of justice and what's right just doesn't match up with what we'd like to see as a deterrent for such things.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

Thats ok, he saw the wrath of Huntress when we finally caught up to him. I had that man swearing he wouldnt set foot NEAR our road ever again....
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Good for you!!! I also talked to a trooper this weekend about a guy who was sticking notes in my sets and even took a marten box. The trooper is charging him with hunter/trapper harassment 1st degree and theft 4th degree. BOOK EM' DANNO!!!

Oh how wonderful! Isnt it a good feeling? I unleashed while my husband stood by and watched. We both had this guy crying and begging for forgivness. I finaly broke down and told the guy I was thankful he was honest about it.

We got home, looked at eachother and you could just see the expression on our faces after having to chase this guy down for 4 hours, change. Everything we encountered these last few months of trapping had just washed away. It made it all worthwhile once again.

I'm sure this guy will end up with a slap on the wrist. But we have collected all the photos and maps they wanted of our trap line. It's just good knowing we caught someone, someone who may have been at it for months but we'll never know!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"