Thread: Another Kink for the Rex Trail

Default Another Kink for the Rex Trail

I was talking to a miner friend a few weeks ago and asked how the railroad was going to affect the mining along the Rex? He asked what I was talking about. I told him that the railroad has plans at some future date to realign the tracks to what they call the Foot Hills Route. The rails would turn east just after the Nenana River crossing just south of Clear, and follow the Rex trail to a bridge midway between Delta and Fairbanks across the Tanana. My miner friend got real hot about that plan, he does not like it one bit. And I don't think a lot of other people are going to like it either. But it is something they need to keep in the back of their minds.

But the main thing I have been thinking about is how will it affect the area for hunting. There is a major Moose migration route that will cross the tracks. Will the trains affect the Moose migration? How many Moose will be killed by trains? Will it open access to the area, or curtail access?

Here is another prime example of how one state agency can go about doing their thing and have major impact on the public and other state agencies. It is also another example of how the public needs to stay informed on what is going on in the state. Times are changing and we need to keep on top of these changes. And all major changes in the state can and will have an impact on our hunting and fishing access and capabilities.

Nothing stays the same, and progress can not be stopped. You may slow it, or keep it at bay for a while. But it is inevitiable, change will happen.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

This is not new news, they studied it several years ago and dropped it. There was lots of oposition to it.
    Tim

I don't think it has been dropped, it's just on hold till they decide to connect the railroad to the rails in Canada.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"