Thread: pro drive or go devil ???

Default pro drive or go devil ???

I am looking at buying a surfice drive mud motor this spring any info would help.

Default surface drive

Quote Originally Posted by blue duck View Post
    I am looking at buying a surfice drive mud motor this spring any info would help.
    They are both excellent products built by companies with a reputation for great customer service. The best advice I can give is to wait until breakup and try them both. The Go-Devil is built like a tank and has a reputation for reliability. The ProDrive can be fitted with reverse.
    The biggest mistake made with these motors in Alaska is putting them on too small a boat. If you want to carry a moose in shallow water don't go smaller than 18 X 48 and a tunnel isn't needed. One big advantage is that the fuel economy is 2 to 3 times better than a jet with equal thrust.

Default Longtail for Sale

I have a 46 HP Mud Buddy (twin in-line 23 HP Vanguards) with low hours for sale on Craigslist if you are interested in a long tail mud motor.

I had a godevil long tail liked it then I went to a pro-drive 27 horse it was great. I now have a 32 horse prodrive with reverse. I have it on a 16 ft lowe works just fine. My hunting buddy shannon sells prodrive motors if you have any questions he will be more than happy to answer them. his number is 355-7839

Whatever brand you get ( I recommend Mud Buddy ), get one of the newer 'short-tail' motors. They are much better than the long tails.

Next to my trashy neighbor

Pro Drive or Mud Buddy. I'm looking into maybe replacing a motor on a boat with a surface drive too.

I sure like the idea of the remote steering option. Very nice set-ups.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)<a href= target=_blank rel=nofollow></a>

Support Youth Hockey!