Thread: Speak now or forever hold your peace...

Default Speak now or forever hold your peace...

Wednesday at 2pm in Wasilla at the Best Western and Soldotna's Sports Arena at 3pm; BOF subcommitees will be hearing testimony regarding the latest stab by the commercial fisheries (don't hate them all, it's just a few that have come up with the latest, bogus propositions to limit our fish).

The current concerns by dipnetters throughout the state are pretty major:
    #1 there is a request for lowering our limits to 15 per head of household for the Kenai/Kasilof fisheries
    #2 there is a request to introduce terminal fishing in the mouth of the Kenai river. As you all know this practice was stopped last year in the Kasilof due to the by catch of steelhead and 2nd run Kings and that same problem will happen in the Kenai if we don't step up to the plate and say something.

I cannot stress enough, the importance of attending these hearings. The ones on Wednesday are subcommitee meetings but your voice will be heard; on Saturday in Anchorage at the Coast International Inn (google that for directions) you will have a chance to voice your own personal use needs and support our dip netting privledge but you have to sign up by 10:30am.

This is similar to voting but a bit more crucial to our fishery. It has long been said that if you don't vote you don't have a right to gripe about our government; this is the same thing... if you don't attend one or more of these meetings to let the BOF hear your feedback on eating all of your catch then you don't have a right to gripe if it gets altered or taken away.

I've been in contact with Ken Federico of the Southcentral Alaska Dip Netters Association and you can reach him at (907) 715-8363(cell) for more details. He'll be on the Bob and Mark show on 106.5 KWHL early in the morning tomorrow and on 750 KFQD after 10am (I think). Anyone that needs more info can contact me also, Robb (907) 373-0050 (home). Thanks to all for your support and if you need me to say anything for you I'll be at the Wed mtg in Wasilla; send me a short blurb (be polite, diplomacy goes a lot farther than hostility).
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Oh, oh.

Nerka should be here soon..............