Thread: Whats your favorite rest???

Default Whats your favorite rest???

I have a NAP quick tune capture rest now. I have had a whisker bisket in the past. I do like being able to not worry about my arrow and being able to pull my bow up and draw without even thinking about my rest. But my current rest has tefflon fingers on it and they did not hold up well so I am thinking of trying something new. I just wanted to here everybodys idea of what the best rest is weather it be a capture or not.
    Thanks,

Default Trophy Ridge great and on sale now at cabelas

This is the one I use and i think its great.well wourth the money.
    Might buy an extra one now that its on sale
    I have used the nap before and was very disapointed more. complicating too tune to.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...074&hasJS=true

Whisker biscut. no nonsence. Works for me
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I currently use a Whisker Biscuit. It has worked well and I mainly used that style of rest for when I was doing a lot of spot and stalk across the prairies in the Dakotas. I've always wanted to try a drop away. I'm giving pretty serious thought to trying a RipChord drop away. Course I'll hang onto the WB in case I don't like it.

I still have the Star Hunter and TM Hunter that I used on my bows when I was first starting out learning to archery hunt.

Thumbs up Trophy Ridge Drop Zone

By far the best rest I've used in the last 20 years! I like the fact it's simple and works great, easy to tune and install. I've hunted it on the North Slope, South Central and even in Wisconsin in all weather conditions and it has been flawless. My $.02

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fishingis4play View Post
    By far the best rest I've used in the last 20 years! I like the fact it's simple and works great, easy to tune and install. I've hunted it on the North Slope, South Central and even in Wisconsin in all weather conditions and it has been flawless. My $.02

Second that

Default Drop Zone

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone by far is the best rest I have ever used.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Default dropzone

I'll be #5...the TR dropzone is a great rest. The best I've used as well.
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

The shelf!!!
    Simple & hasn't failed me yet
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Rest

The drop zone is by far the best rest I have used in my 22 years of bowhunting... a little expensive but well worth the money.. Good Luck

Default The only

Quote Originally Posted by Picklist View Post
    Trophy Ridge Drop Zone by far is the best rest I have ever used.
    I am still new to bow hunting/shooting, I have the drop zone and think it is neater than peanut butter, it is all I have used but I love it.

Joe

Default Qad's Ultra Rest

I like the fact that it is a drop away and I don't have to worry about my arrow falling around on a stalk. Sportsman's doesn't sell them i had to order mine of ebay, cost me around 40 if i remember right

Default QAD ultra rest LD

Thanks for all the responses. Right now im really liking the looks of the QAD ultra rest because it seems like the best of both worlds. Any more input on it?

You know what I use, but Kimber has a Trophy Taker and the sims fall away holder (or I think another brand that does the same thing). It holds the arrow pretty well in place until you start the draw then when the rest begins to rise, it pops the arrow out of the holder. It seems to work pretty well. Doesn't hold it quite as well as the whisker biscuit but gives the advantages of both systems. If I hadn't gotten my setup figured out, switching to that was going to be my next attempt. But I finally did get things the way I like 'em.
    You know you aren't really having fun until you ask yourself -how much is this going to cost me?

sent you a pm

Whisperflite dropaway..came with the bow and works a treat.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

I've tried at least a dozen different drop-aways and just keep coming back to the Whisker Bisquit Deluxe.