Thread: Spring-summer pike

Default Spring-summer pike

I'll be passing through the Palmer area on my way to the Kenai for the summer and am looking for some pike lakes that I can drive to. I'm hauling a 16ft tandem axle cargo trailer with pontoon boat and kayak plus other necessities and a diesel dually with a camper on top. As such the roads need to be on the conservative side. I'm not looking for those 40in Minto Flat beasties just some fun action on the pontoon boat where I can spend a couple days with spoons,topwaters and crankbaits. Should be in the area about June 1. Thanks in advance, Tom

I'm not sure about using the pontoon boat but Check out the Nancy lake State Rec area. It produces lots of pike in the 20-30 inch range.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

good luck, pike are pretty much fished out on the road system I've fished several of the nancy lakes and seen 2 pike and caught lots of nice rainbows. Also the Nancy lake SRA lakes where the pike are prohibit outboards I believe. Maybe scout lake on the kenai?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I don't know if there is a HP limit but motors are allowed on Lynx lake.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default Re Nancy Lakes pike

Thanks for the info guys. I should have mentioned that it's an inflatable pontoon boat (10 ft Outcast) and not one of those party barges that fill up with college hooligans. I use a 48 lb electric trolling motor or a 2hp 4-stroke honda and of course the oars. It works great for stealthy fishing for bass and trout. Tom