Thread: FOB

Default FOB

Has anyone used one of these things?
    The concept looks interesting and kinda makes sense..just wondering what they`re like in the real world.
    www.starrflight.com
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

I just started doing some testing with them about 2 weeks ago and everything that i have found is good. they shoot broadheads really well even the big two blade heads fly really well. they are very quick and easy to install and adjust if need be. They however are prone to breaking in extreamly cold weather if they make contact with anything. I had them out in the shed for about 4 days in single digit temps and then shot them and if they slape against eachother in the target or something they are done. that is really the only down fall i see right now. i havent been able to shoot them in a 3-d shoot yet but i am using black are dark green so they disper on the targets. also dont use them on close in 3-d targets where people will be shooting at your nocks. For only 20 bucks i say they are worth trying and Paul is a real good guy to deal with. Call the number on the websight and talk to him, he can give you alot of good info. Tell him that marshall from idaho sent you. I am moving up to fairbanks in the summer so i hope they work good and i can run one through a moose in the next year or so.

I have been using them since about 2003 and think that they are great. I have taken antelope, mule deer, javalina, and elk with them in Arizona and New Mexico as well as shot a number of 3d tournaments with them. I do not use anything else. In my experience the small ones fly just as good as the larger size with evey broadhead that I have used, therefore I do not use the large ones at all. I have not used them in extreme cold yet so the only complaint that I would have is that they make a little more noise in flight and you need to wrap your arrows for when you get a pass through the nock comes off and finding a black carbon or camo arrow is difficult with out a colorful wrap on them. It is also a bit more expensive if you are in the habit of shooting your own nocks.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"