Thread: Pac-Rat

Default Pac-Rat

Who sells pac-rat atv trailers in Alaska? Anyone know the e-mail?

Compeaus here in Fairbanks used to carry them. Not sure if they still do though.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

That would be Anchorage. http://plaschemsupply.com/

I have the outfitter, It is a awesome and very durable trailer.

I,ve got two of the outfitters, sure have abused them! They hold up well. When I tore a hole through the side due to said stupid abuse, Plaschem gave me all of the supplies for free to do the current fiberglass repair (and enough for many more in the future). The fix was quick and easy and nearly invisible. As to abuse, my brother and I were at the Jim Creek cleanup four years ago and we decided that since there were so many burned, trashed, and shot up motorcycles laying around, we would see how many we could haul in one load. The pesky foot peg on a large fatboy, which had two other cycles laying on top of it in the trailer punched through the side, leaving a " x 6" gash through the thinner sidewall of the trailer. Of course, if we had not bee hauling a... on the rough trail back to the trailhead dumpster it probably would have been ok. The load was bouncing all over the place.

I have seen Pac-rat trailers with more stuff strapped to the lid than some trailers can haul. If there is a tougher, more durable trailer out there I'm unaware of it.

And EXPENSIVE!!!!!! Almost 2000 dollars for a 2 wheel and well over 2000 for a 4 wheel. There is a guy here in Anchorage that can build one for you out of aluminum, for around 600 to 800 dollars. Called Tag-a-long

Default Pac-Rat

The down side of owning one is that your hunting buds will want to put stuff they want to keep dry and secure in your Pac-Rat. It's bigger than the box-style trailer, but I still pulled mine into all the places the others went. I have the sportsman model (one wheel on each side). Also kept all the meat from a moose inside the trailer on a cool damp day in an area where we could not easily hang/store the meat while we went looking for bear. Pricey, but I've been happy with mine so far.

Thumbs up Pac Rat

I have used one for 4 years on hunting trips with 0 problems so I just purchased one for my self the 2 axel model. They tow like they aren't even back there. We have hauled a whole 50 inch moose 12x16wall tent, wood stove gear for one guy with tent poles,and gas cans on top of the cover everything stays clean and dry.

One of my hunting buddies has one we take in for moose every year. We had problems popping the tires off the bead when it was loaded. Put tubes in the tires and have had smooth sailing from there.

Thumbs up The outfitter

I got to use mine for the first time on the Rex trail in September. It pulled so well that I kept looking back to make sure it was there. Yeah they're a little spendy but ya get what ya pay for and the customer service was great. The production crew forgot to put the rear tow ring on mine and when they delivered it (free of charge to the valley) and I noticed it wasn't there the guy came back out and installed it when it was convenient for me. They also have one out now called the Fat Rat (I think) that's for pulling behind Rhinos and such.

We used two, years ago, mine had a soft top like a conastoga wagon. We would hide the moose racks in mine and everyone that saw us would ask if we had any luck. We would say "do you see any moose on these machines" It kept a few people from going where we went.

Man those double axle PakRats are the ticket. I pulled 1 2 years ago and couldn't even tell it was back there. I currently own the Sportsman Deluxe with the gas can carrier and love it. I highly recommend tese trailers to anyone looking for a bombproof atv trailer. Plaschem will treat you right too. I bought mine used from a guy in Anchorage, I had the lid prop bar holder break on me and they put a new one on for free, I just took the lid in and they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbertha78 View Post
    And EXPENSIVE!!!!!! Almost 2000 dollars for a 2 wheel and well over 2000 for a 4 wheel. There is a guy here in Anchorage that can build one for you out of aluminum, for around 600 to 800 dollars. Called Tag-a-long
    Yes, these are expensive , but worth the money. I paid $1225 for mine new six yrs. ago. Another tip, if you go to the spring recreation show in Anchorage, Plaschem usually has a booth there and they will give $200 off if you order a trailer at that time.

Sportsman's Show is where we ordered both of ours. While you're there ask to see their photo album. They have taken the trailers into some awsome places, even strapped on a small outboard and crossed a lake.