Thread: Eureka assault outfitter 4

Cannery Creek Hatchery, Prince William Sound

Default Eureka assault outfitter 4

I'm thinking about getting one to use on a float hunt in sept. Anybody have one of these? I was thinking of geting an alaskan guide model tent but my buddy has one and it is definitly a 2 man job to set up and takes to much time.

I've got one and it's a great tent. Used it twice on drop hunts out of kotzebue and 2 guys can comfortably live in it.

Had a friend use one of these on our float trip last year, I was very impressed with it and am also considering one to use solely for float trips.

Default eureka tent

I have used the Outfitter and K2XT---------I like the K2XT alot better. A little more room inside and the dome design is great in snow and wind. The vestibule is bigger also. Another factor is its 2.5lbs less. We were hit with 70 mph winds West of Illiamna 2 yrs ago in the K2XT and it held up very well. Easy to put up, solid and roomy for 2 guys and gear, any more and you would need a larger tent.

RC

I had the K2XT and used it 2 years ago on a float hunt for moose. I liked it well enough but the one thing I did not like was the small vestibule entrance which is the only way in or out. We had a grizz busting brush about 25 yards from it one morning and I was scrambling to get out of it. I ended up selling it and am looking for something a little different.