Thread: 325WSM w/220gr Swift A-frames

Default 325WSM w/220gr Swift A-frames

Anyone handload this bullet for this cartridge? If so what kind of results? I have only tried 200gr Nosler Accubonds, Partitions, and Barnes TSX (all with very decent accuracy, punching paper only) out of a Kimber Montana. I shot some of the 220 gr Winchester PP factory fodder (terrible accuracy) just for the brass. I am going to try some of these A-frames and if I can get the A-frames shooting well, they just might give my Kimber a new lease on life.

The 8mm thread really brought this possibility to mind. I have also owned the Big 8, but, only shot Remington 220gr factory loads (long since built into a 358STA). I was formally toying with the idea of selling the Kimber (the last one I have left and probably the most accurate) to fund another custom build. I kind of hated to dump the Kimber as it is so light and quick handling (the only negative was that I don't really care for the light whippy barrels). Everything is a trade-off, unfortunately it takes a light barrel to make a six pound Kimber rifle. The other reason I like this rifle is it is the lightest most powerful production CRF rifle. I quess that's a plan! , I better buy some of these 220 A-frames before I change my mind. Would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with these bullets for the 325WSM .

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

I wanted to load some for mine, but when I went to order them last year nobody had them in stock and Swift said they were only producing them in "Seasonal" runs. I have since sold the rifle but really wanted to try these bullets. My load was 200gr Barnes TSX and IMR 4831 (dont remember exact amount). I could have settled with that I guess.

Good luck-Tim
    If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a Soldier.

Default .325

Check out the new Woodleigh bullets, which are especially configured for the .325WSM.