Thread: Fly Fishing Film Tour - Anchorage Feb 7th & 8th

Default Fly Fishing Film Tour - Anchorage Feb 7th & 8th

Hi folks, I wanted to pass along the word about the Fly Fishing Film Tour stop in Anchorage on February 7th and 8th at the Anchorage Museum.

Before I say any more, I want to mention that I have spoken with both the admin and webmaster of this site and they said it was ok to post the info.

The Fly Fishing Film Tour is a traveling film even that is showing in theaters across the country this winter, this year we are doing two shows in Anchorage and they are expected to be sell outs. Last year we had a great turn out to the event so we decided to do to nights this time!

A major theme of this years tour is the Pebble Mine and how it could effect an area many of us have had the opportunity to explore and love. We will be showing a total of 8 films, all cut down to between 15 and 20 minutes long, and two of them are specifically about Bristol Bay. To view a short teaser from each, go to . Along with the films from Alaska, we will be showing a cut down version of AEG's newest film 'Fish Bum 1: Mongolia' - which was shot last fall after a two month adventure.

Tickets for the Anchorage event can be purchased HERE for the 7th and HERE for the 8th. Tickets are $15, the doors open at 6:30 and the show starts at 7:00.

Thanks for reading,
    Justin Crump
    AEG Media

For those of you who did not get to see it last year, you really need to see this show. It was an absolute blast last year and I have been counting down the days till they come back. Good job on the show AEG and thanks for coming back...

Default 15 minutes

maybe i misunderstand but is the show a lousy fifteen minutes long? seems like there should be a lot more to show than that on just the pebble mine alone..... or do you get to view all the movies at one show?

They way it worked last year was 10 to 15 minutes per film so it ended up around an hour and a half or so of seat time for the whole deal.

It was fun - reminded me of watching surfing movies when I was young.

Tightlines - We are showing 8 different films but each is between 15 and 20 minutes the total show length is a going to be a little over two hours. There are two films on Pebble and a teaser for another that hasn't been released yet, so expect at least 30 minutes of the show to be talking about Pebble. I hope you can make it to see for yourself!

sounds bad you aint making a stop in Fairbanks!

Default right on

i'll be there. can't get enough of fishing videos this time of year. just watched trout bum diaries volumes one and two in Patagonia and New Zealand... cool stuff!