Thread: Brown bear hunt

Default Brown bear hunt

I am doing a little research on a bear hunt for a family friend in the lower 48. He asked if I had any experience with or heard of Alaskan Tracker Outfitters with Tom Krieger out of Soldotna as guide. My friend is looking at a fall hunt.

I don't have any experience with nor have I heard of the guide or this service. If anybody out their does know anything, please PM me.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Scott

There was some guys that made a video a bunch of years back about a combo moose/caribou/brown bear hunt and it was called Alaskan Trackers and I remember the name Tom being mentioned in it many times, might that be him?

Sick him on Jake (BRWNBR)!
    He's famous now & everything!!!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Yeah, I heard Jake's skull is B&C now. lol
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Alasken View Post
    Yeah, I heard Jake's skull is B&C now. lol
    I wonder if he has to carry it a Barney's pack? just kidding Jake.

Sorry to derail the thread.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

In all seriousness, before I got on-line this time to check for responses it crossed my mind that I ought to drop Jake a line. I have generally liked what he has had to say in this forum for the last few years that I have been involved. Especially if Jake can produce another monster.

Jake, if you're out there, send me a PM if your interested.

Scott

Default big bears

Not to take anything away from Jake, but the potential for getting a big bear exists with any number of guides who offer brown bear hunts. In the almost 20 years I've been guiding bear hunts I've had 3 clients score on bears over 10'. The average is about 8' statewide. So there is a potential, but 10 footers are few and far between.

The thing that sets guides like Jake apart from a lot of others is that he is a small volume operator, which I think is a real good thing. There are a few other guys who post here who do the same kind of thing, small volume.
    I can PM with a few names if you want.

Ken
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Kens right, big bears make the paper, but they ain't in the paper every day. bear average on kodiak for non residnet is estimated at 8.5 foot and probably in the 8 foot for the rest of the state as far as brown bears go. Big bears are like big deer, if you have deer there, chances are there's a big deer there. but not everyone wants to pay five figures to wait around for 15 days at a chance at seeing the monster, let alone getting him. Thats what makes big bears special.
    Alot also depends on what his price range is, expectations, physical limitations, what kinda accomadtions he'd prefer (tent, cabin, lodge..umm tarp...?) and timing, some areas have different seasons and depending on when he's able to go might dictate where he goes.
    i'll drop ya a pm with my email address if you'd like to hit some specifics...

i've got a B&C head now?? geez guys thanks...maybe SCI but not B&C!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default smarion

I not sure of the name of his service but I do know that Tom Krueger and his sons Mark and Luke do guide. They are in Soldotna. You should be able to find their number from there.