Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: melozitna river?????

Default melozitna river?????

Dose some one know about the melozitna river? How far can yuo get up it? pic's of the river?

Default normally not far

There is a steep rocky area/falls not too far up. I heard this fall that somebody did it in a boat but don't know how. Everybody else says no way. I am not sure about the land ownership down low. I do know people that used to fly up into the headwaters and land on gravel bars though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    I heard this fall that somebody did it in a boat but don't know how. Everybody else says no way.
    You don't know Danny aka EXTREME DUTY You just talked him into it...

Smile

I will go for it...............It can not be that bad????

Default depends

Depends on how you define bad. It is close to Ruby, but a long way from anywhere. Man does that barge cost a bunch if you have to put pieces of a boat on it. And rescue 911 is not just around the corner.
    Nope, not trying to persuade you either way. Would be lots better if you had friends out there to help. good luck.

I'll help...

I'll bring up the rear with the mud puppy!

sounds like we're going to have a good time Danny......you thinking spring high water?...

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    sounds like we're going to have a good time Danny......you thinking spring high water?...
    I think fall low water.........{moose} I have a vid of the river in the spring.......need big boat w/lot of hp.

Default more melozi

Quote Originally Posted by EXTREME DUTY View Post
    I think fall low water.........{moose} I have a vid of the river in the spring.......need big boat w/lot of hp.
    OK Extreme, you got it. If you have a video then you know what you're up against. I saw a vid myself and have considered checking it out as well. It's big water, from what I saw every bit as gnarly in spots as the Nenana canyon, at least from some camera angles. The vid I saw the guys were driving an older Wooldridge inbd, seemed a bit tired and I heard later that they were in need of more boat ie horsepower. It looked like fall or late summer with low water. I believe springtime would be a bad idea, just my take. The Melozi gets hit or has gotten hit fairly hard by a guide or two over the years but it was always reported decent hunting (moose) because it was/is fly-in only for the most part. There is a private cabin or two up there as well, maybe more. All for now, Oz I suppose the real question here is the ride back down. It would be a unless I miss my guess.

What's chances on getting a look at the video? It sounds cool!

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    What's chances on getting a look at the video? It sounds cool!
    The vid is not that good!!!!! Make you sick..........not good angles........are you in Fairbanks?

Default I wasnt necessarily expecting TJM quality!

Actually I'm in anchorage, any chance we could get it YouTubed? I trust TJM will have some better angles on it for us to see this coming season! What kind of cam are you using TJ?

Default You've probably already found this series of pics...

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-phot....jpg/tpod.html

It looks like its a series of pics posted by a German or Austrian fellow in 1999, Maybe he was caretaking one of the lodges over the winter and shot these in the spring? Anyway, other than the one nearly X rated shot, it does have one interesting view of a cool chute... wish I could read German!

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-phot....jpg/tpod.html

It looks like its a series of pics posted by a German or Austrian fellow in 1999, Maybe he was caretaking one of the lodges over the winter and shot these in the spring? Anyway, other than the one nearly X rated shot, it does have one interesting view of a cool chute... wish I could read German!
    I found this website be for, but thank you......And yes we will have a lot cooler vid.

Actually I'm in anchorage, any chance we could get it YouTubed?
    It is no VHS???????

We need to see some video of this, from those pics it does not look all that bad.

What kind of cam are you using TJ?
    actually just using your standard little 8MM (DV) cam corder...I think it is the Cannon Elura 70...nothing special, almost 4 years old and mid range price....I am looking for a 2nd camera for this summer...not wanting to break the bank but would like one a little nicer....that way I can get twice the footage...any ideas?...

...I really am far from an authority on anything I do...I'm not a guru of anything...lol.......first boat, first camera, I'm tuning in to get pointers from you guys...

Default Melozi Video

Yo guys, I realize now that the Vid you speak of is not the same one I saw. I will see what I can do to and borrow it again. Should be no problem. It's in VHS format, whats the easiest way to get it into DVD? I'll do it if I can. Let me know, Oz

need big boat w/lot of hp.
    200 hp in your 17' XD is not considered low HP is it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast