Thread: Artic Oven

Default Artic Oven

ok Call Me Stupid,a Newbe,whatever.i Have Dumb ?,whats A Artic Oven,its A Tent Right?tell Me More.

Default here you go

Quote Originally Posted by bbigdon22 View Post
    ok Call Me Stupid,a Newbe,whatever.i Have Dumb ?,whats A Artic Oven,its A Tent Right?tell Me More.
    Here is link to Alaska Tent and Tarp: http://www.alaskatent.com/

They build the Arctic oven. Great tent, by the way.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default great

its a great tent but WAY over priced

They are proud of them!

Seen one of these in use on the Rex a couple weeks ago. The guy showed us the tent (let us warm up). I was impressed. It was pretty cold out and nice-n-toasty inside. His was big enough that they had 3 cots, a table, and a stove inside. He said his was "$3,800 with everything"

they are the only tent...if price and weight aren't an issue.

I have owned and used my 10 foot Artic Oven for winter camping for the past 6 years and love it! I've spent many nights well below zero in my Artic Oven and often have sworn that it's more than paid for it's self. (If I recall, the 10ft tent with stove and 2 cots cost me about $1500 when I bought it in 2002.) Not what I would call a backpacking tent, it's more like having your own portable cabin.
    Under good conditions I can set up my Artic Oven and have a fire going in the stove in 20 minutes working solo (the 10ft is a little more hassle to set up solo than the 8ft due to the height but it affords a little more room to get away from the stove with cots or sleeping bags). I've spent nights a -55F (that's without wind chill) and been warm and comfortable with the little stove. Any moisture passes to the space between the inner tent and fly, or outer tent as they call it, so you don't see any moisture collecting inside, nice when you need to dry stuff out.
    If you're looking for a nice base camp or winter tent the Artic Ovens are great IF you don't have to pack them real far and have the budget for one.