General Meeting
    12:30-1:30 PM
    Compound Bow Tuning
    By Scott Crinklaw

1:30-2:30 PM
    Float Hunting Alaska’s Wild Rivers
    By Michael Strahan

This year we were happy to have Lon E. Lauber as our guest speaker for the
    30th Annual Alaskan Bowhunters & Arrowhead Awards Banquet.

Date February 9, 2008

Time: 5:00pm - Cocktails
    6:00pm - Dinner

Place: Captain Cook Hotel,
    Downtown Anchorage

Price: $55 Adult
    $40 Child (12 and under)

Tickets:
    Phone any of the following:
    ABA Office: 376-2717
    Fletchers: 373-7770
    Archer’s Den: 688-2697
    Rabbit Creek Rifle Range: 240-7889
    Last Frontier Taxidermy: 245-1346
    Sportsmans Warehouse: 644-1400
    Silent and Live Auctions!!
    Hunting Biography For Lon E. Lauber

Lon E. Lauber, a Spokane, Washington native, is an outdoor photographer and writer. He studied photojournalism at Syracuse University through a special program as a U.S. Navy photographer. For the past 23 years Lon has been a full-time freelancer. One of Lon's photos is a 6' x 9' enlargement displayed in the National Museum of Natural History in Washington DC. He is the winner of many national and Alaska state photo awards including First Place in the Roger Tory Peterson Institute Nature Photography Contest. He has won Grand Prize in the Alaska State Photo Contest three out of five years. Lon is co-photographer of the acclaimed eagle book, "Sovereign Wings." His work has been illustrated in National Geographic and Sierra Club books; Audubon, Impact, Kodak, and Tide-Mark calendars, many advertisements and countless magazines including: Alaska, Audubon, BBC Wildlife, Ducks Unlimited, Field and Stream, National Geographic, Outdoor Life, Ranger Rick and Sports Afield. Along with his photography, Lon writes for many outdoor magazines.
    In addition to free-lancing, Lon taught photography for the Adak rural extension of the University of Alaska for six years. After living on Adak for seven years and in Wasilla for 10 years, Lon now resides in Spokane, Washington
    Lon says he's at his best in nature.
    "It's not like a light switch, but when I slip on my outdoor gear and head into the wilderness, I become a different being. I sort of melt into nature, physically and emotionally.”
    "I've enjoyed the outdoors as long as I can remember. I guess that's why I ended up in Alaska. The inclement weather makes my work difficult at times, especially the lighting. But, on those days when it is nice, I really kick into a photographic high. And, that's when I make my strongest images.”
    "My goal is to communicate with every photo I make. Whether it's conveying closeness with a sea otter and pup, the majesty of an eagle, or people enjoying the outdoors, I hope to evoke emotion or inform. If you smile or gain insight into the wonders of nature from my images, then I have succeeded."
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

ya still gots some tickets? I'll be calling tomorrow after lunchtime. Finally a year I'll be able to go with the new work schedule.

We have tickets.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I'll check with Paul and see if he still has tickets, I need to take the wife out for dinner again....

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    We have tickets.
    Do they physically give you a ticket? It is almost impossible getting any information from these folks. I signed up and got a credit card bill, so I guess I will be let in the door...but nothing sent in responce
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Please forgive us if you did not receive any info on your tickets. Did you buy the tickets over the internet? If so I will get back to you tomorrow and let you know about your tickets. What is your name?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    Do they physically give you a ticket? It is almost impossible getting any information from these folks. I signed up and got a credit card bill, so I guess I will be let in the door...but nothing sent in responce
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Roger,
    Please call the ABA office so we can get this matter straightened out. If I had not been prusing thru this webiste I wouldn't even have known there was a problem. I have check my records and do not have any information regarding your membership. Call me at 830-0261 and I will gladly take care of this.

Paige

Default Tickets at the 'Den

I have a few tickets (left) on hand! Come and get 'em ... it's going to be a great time with some great folks!

7 Days to go!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thanks for posting Gary,

Really had hopped to be done with teh canoe by now. Set up to varnish today, shoould be done by the weekend, which means no trip for me. Oh well I'm not a member anyways, it is fun to go to and the speakers for sure would be a great time!

Default The Golden Ticket!

I have one ticket remaining ... I am told it's the last one around & ticket sales end today at noon!