Thread: Rivers of GMU 18

Default Rivers of GMU 18

I have been looking, but can't seems to find any information about the Nageethluk, Atchuelinguk, Andreafsky and Chuilnak Rivers coming down to the Yukon, to float Moose hunt. I would appreciate anyones past experience. Thanks.
    Jeff

Those rivers don't offer the access that other areas do. They are all an expensive plane ride away from hubs like Aniak and Bethel. Talk to Inland Aviation in Aniak about floating those rivers.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Aniak with Inland will be around $600.00 an hour for the plane. Last year we paid $580.00 and I would think with fuel it will be a tad higher this year. Great guy though.

Second Martentrapper

Default Rules

I have already booked with Inland for unit 18. He said he cant put very many if any on most of the rivers. I guess part of the agreement made to open unit 18 to all hunters again was that they are to put very few hunters on any of the rivers because the unit 18 residence need those areas to hunt. They told me there are small portions of river he could put us on but mostly lakes, and a some sloughs. I guess there is a list of rules air services must follow in order to keep unit 18 open to everyone.

There was no "agreement" made to open unit 18. The moose population was good enough to lift a closure of federal lands to all but locals. Now, all land in unit 18 is open to anyone to hunt anywhere, unless you consider private land.
    I don't know what the guy at Inland told anyone, but my guess is he doesn't like landing in the rivers. They just aren't conducive to much off airport access. There are plenty of lakes he can use his float plane on.
    I suspect the transporters in that area are sensitive to local needs and don't want to put too many hunters in any one spot. Probably a good place to hunt for the next few years.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!