I am planning a trip to Seward, Alaska with my son early July. We would like to do a full day of Halibut fishing and a full day of salmon fishing. I need to know what would be the best charter to book thru. Should I make reservations now or wait? Also here is a simple itinerary for our 7 day stay. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated since my son has never been to Alaska and I have never been in the Seward area.
1. July 3rd Arriving in Anchorage Driving into Seward and checking in cabin and maybe taking a ride into town
2. July 4th A full day in Seward to enjoy the 4th of July
3. July 5th Sight seeing such as taking the gondola up the mountain in Girdwood, Exit glacier , and the Wildlife Conservation Center.
4, July 6th Open
5. July 7th Deep sea fishing for halibut
6. July 8th Salmon fishing
7. July 9th Checking out and heading back to Anchorage and spending a day before our flight leaves out, Maybe drive down into Whitier