Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Carbon Arrow

Default Favorite Carbon Arrow

Ok,

Not trying to stir the pot... but what carbon arrows are you shooting and are you happy with them? It would be great to hear from those who have switched brands and why. Which do you find most consistent and durable?

I shot carbons arrows years ago after aluminum... the finish was rough. Waited a few years and they are better.

Matt

I shoot and have been shooting for 5 years the Carbon Impact Trophy Hunter 400's

Default Carbons

I used to shoot Carbon Impact and other brands, but found a more durable, more consistant shooting arrow, Carbon Express Maximas 350. I was seeing consistancy problems in the past, you'd get maybe 3-4/12 that shot well, the others were flyers, not maximas. They all shoot where you aim. And it doesn't matter what broadhead you put on it. IMO, their arrow is a step ahead of everyone else.

Thumbs up Easton Axis

I shot Beman ICS Hunters for a long time and they worked well. I'm shooting Easton Axis now and really like them a lot.

Easton ST Excel 340s from www.huntersfriend.com delivered to my door for $66.00 (fletchings of my choice, tips, inserts, nocks, & cut to my length)

Default Easton CarbonAeros

I have been shooting Easton CarbonAeros for serveral years now and have killed deer, elk and hogs with them. I am completely satisfied with the performance. I have also shot Beaman, Gold Tip and Cabela's Carbon Hunters with good performance. Today, most carbon arrows are pretty good quality; as long as you match the shaft size to the draw weight of your bow, I think almost any brand will be OK except for the cheap Wal-Mart brand.

Default Carbon Arrows

Pretty good response so far. Knowing that a few to many archers are influenced by marketing and or SPEED the speed sells motto, I figure the same applies to arrows. For those of you that changed did you change because you were looking for something better, couldn't find the arrow that you had been using, or just looking for a lighter weight alternative to what you had been shooting to get the speed up?

For me, I need consistency and durability. The accuracy part is up to me and that part is mostly mental.

Which arrows have you found to be the most consistent when it comes to spine?

Cheers,

Matt

I haven't actually spine tested them but I really like the Grizzly Sticks.
    Durable as all get out, continous taper for weight forward, & they work for me.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Carbon Express

I switched to Carbon Express from Easton Axis. I was looking for a heavier arrow for brown bear and moose. At 12 gpi I found what I wanted. Unfortunately they phased out that model so how I have Hunter 60-75's (11+ gpi) with inserts. Really pleased so far.

The Terminator Selects, first CE arrows, I have Robin Hooded five of them. So quality for me is fine.

The Rebels I ordered for my backup BowTech and they are the weight forward model. I have not shot them enough for a proper evaluation.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Shooting the Easton FMJ arrows and am very satisfied. I like the aluminum wrapped carbon for some reason. Expensive, but I try hard not to loose them. Any others with the FMJ's?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    Pretty good response so far. Knowing that a few to many archers are influenced by marketing and or SPEED the speed sells motto, I figure the same applies to arrows. For those of you that changed did you change because you were looking for something better, couldn't find the arrow that you had been using, or just looking for a lighter weight alternative to what you had been shooting to get the speed up?

For me, I need consistency and durability. The accuracy part is up to me and that part is mostly mental.

Which arrows have you found to be the most consistent when it comes to spine?

Cheers,

Matt
    I changed because it's what most of the famous people on the outdoor channel were shooting

....ok.....I just wanted to try something different and I believe I get better, more consistant arrow flight.

Default My sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    I changed because it's what most of the famous people on the outdoor channel were shooting
    If I had a sponsor paying me, giving me free products or free hunting trips, I'd probably be shooting Eastons too. ;D

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I shoot graphite arrows.

I do like those GOLD TIPS..

Default Carbon express

I used to shoot Beaman- Not bad for the money
    I also shot Gold Tip- I don't like them they weren't spined as advertised

Now I shoot Carbon Express maxima hunter 350s and maxima 250s and love them. They are extremely tough and fly great!

You can change the spine on the Gold Tip arrows yourself by using the forward of center calculator from thier website and using the weigth system for thier arrows.

I used 75 grain muzzys with my bow 76#s at 29" .Weight at broadhead was 125 with weights added and balanced with weights at other end had about a 440 grain arrow.

When I switched to Carbon, I started with the cheap Cabelas arrows that the guy suggested at the store. They were junk. 3 were broken in the first week. Then one more broke on a doe. But the biggest problem was the accuracy spread. I expected the new bow and new arrows to be at least as good as the old bow with aluminums. It was terrible. I then switched to the top of the line Maxima and I liked the arrows, but the fletchings came off within the first couple shots ON EVERY ARROW. If I fletched myself, I would not have a problem, but for $150/dozen, I shouldn't have to! Currently I am shooting Gold Tip Golds. Still spendy, but am not having problems anymore. Took 2 deer with them this year, and couldn't be happier with their performance.
    You know you aren't really having fun until you ask yourself -how much is this going to cost me?

Default Carbon Arrows

Thanks MNBirdDog. Fireman, did you have fletching issues with the Maximas too? Just curious. And by the way, which of all these brands do you think is the most consistent when it comes to spine as that is more important than straightness.

Cheers,

Matt

I shoot the cheap cabelas carbon hunter arrows and they work great 60yd 4 inch groups with 4 arrows and most of the time the vanes are all touching, sevral robinhoods Im very happy with the performance $50 per dozen can't beat it

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    Thanks MNBirdDog. Fireman, did you have fletching issues with the Maximas too? Just curious. And by the way, which of all these brands do you think is the most consistent when it comes to spine as that is more important than straightness.

Cheers,

Matt
    Matt,
    I fletch my own arrows. The Maxima hunters and the regular maximas shoot great for me, so I've stuck with them.

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

I started with the cabelas arrows that had the outsirts and they were good for a person just getting back in to shooting a bow and that is about it. I then went to Axis 340's and loved them, why i went to anything else is beond me but i went out and got me some Beman Max4's and also liked them. had a freind give me a dozen goldtip hunters and a dozen carbon express light hunters. I didn't like the goldtips they just didn't seem durable and i shot throught them very quickly. The carbon express light hunters are really nice i have the old style without the wieght forward tech. and they shoot realy well and are very durable. I shot three deer with them this year nad the only reason two of them broke is the deer fell over on them after it had passed through. I now have gone back to the axis and am very happy with the choise. they are very consistant throuhg out the dozen and seem to be spined very close to one another. I dont really have a reson to have tried all these arrow other than i like to tinker with my set up and see what works best ie. heaver or lighter, spine difrences, longer and shorter all that neet stuff. I just love to try new things. Any one need a couple of arrow rests or sights or stabilizer, or realeses i can help. Wish i could get sponcered my wife wouldn't be so made at me every spring. so if i had to vote i would say AXIS are my favorite fallowed very closely by the Light hunters by carbon express.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast