Thread: End of my Fox Season

Default End of my Fox Season

Well, tomorrow I will head down and pull my fox line for the year. We are out of snow and the last time down I only cut 3 tracks. I had a great season on fox with plenty of firsts. I caught my first triple, I had more 7 or more on 3 different checks and was able to catch 3 in footholds.

I am still trapping and will continue to hit it hard (if the weather will hold), but my fox line will be pulled. I want to pick up 3 more to reach my secondary goal of 70 with my primary being 100. I think 100 is possible here, but it would take a combination of good weather and some of the local trappers to pull out.

I have 14 missing in the picture because they were sold earlier in the season. MT would be proud.

Here are they are with 4 left to put up. My little partner took my picture and then I took her's.

Here are some others from the season.

Default more pics

Default a few more

Default Last one

WOW Kusko you are a stud. Good job! Just a single fox in one of my snares and I would be tickled pink.

Dang, Kusko, you took care of business this year! Awesome pics.

I AM REALLY, REALLY IMPRESSED!!! Congratulations. J.

Default Great Job

Great Job. Nice pictures and looks like your daughter loves the out-of-doors. Wonderful!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thumbs up

Great job hitting the fox this year looks like your little girl and wife enjoy getting out as much as you do. Glad to see another family enjoying the outdoors and doing great on the trapline! Hope the rest of your season goes as well.

Rob

Default Nice

Outstanding. Congrats and best of luck the rest of the season.

nice job, hope you left some for seed awesome catch!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Great Photos

I think its great you take the little one with you to enjoy the outdoors. Those are memmories that will not be replaced. Congrats
    Pick A Spot

Mark

Looks like a great season! I hope prices are good for you.

Thanks guys. I hope the fox prices are good too.

Kusko,

Thanks for posting the pics, especially the ones where your daughter is with you. She's very blessed to have a dad like you and she'll benefit from it the rest of her life. You're an inspiration, both for trapping and parenting.

Good luck pinching toes next year. Hope you left some!

For you guys who aren't familiar with Bethel........Kusko caught all those fox having to find areas around him that aren't already being used by other trappers. So he isn't even getting to use the best spots. There are at least 2 other guys who are catching fox around Bethel, and I believe they both catch more than Kusko.
    For those of you thinking mean ol Kusko might have caught too many.........or "over harvested" the fox................hahahahahahaha! You've got no idea how many fox are harvested YEARLY around there for a LONG time.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    For you guys who aren't familiar with Bethel........Kusko caught all those fox having to find areas around him that aren't already being used by other trappers. So he isn't even getting to use the best spots. There are at least 2 other guys who are catching fox around Bethel, and I believe they both catch more than Kusko.
    For those of you thinking mean ol Kusko might have caught too many.........or "over harvested" the fox................hahahahahahaha! You've got no idea how many fox are harvested YEARLY around there for a LONG time.
    Thanks MT! You are right. I had to go and find my own spots to trap. One guy caught more than me, but I'd like to know the other guy!