Thread: the importance of tuning.. another lesson learned

Default the importance of tuning.. another lesson learned

Was messing with the bow this evening..built myself an outdoor range at the weekend for quick 10 minute sessions after work .
    Anyway ..decided to wind the bow all the way up from 65 to 70# just to see. One limb had over 1/2 a turn more than the other ..turned them both to the stops..instant consistant tighter groups!
    A little bit more draw effort but nothing that affects me much.
    The only down side to this.... now my home made target needs a MKII version, it consists ..well...consisted... of a large plastic tub with spare laminate flooring backing rolls stuffed two deep, now the arrows arrows stick about 4-5 " throught it.
    Guess I`m gonna have to find true shot cente..paper tune etc....man this is too addictive!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Default Everything

Everything has a sweet spot. One more pound, a grain more powder, just a little more air in the mixture.

Lots of ways to make cheap targets. For years we used 12" thick cardboard compressed together. Used another fiber board material too. I am looking at the local hardware store. They have 1/4" ethafoam sheets for s floor mat. For 20$ per pack, maybe 4 packs, I could have a 3' x 3' target pretty cheaply.

Fun is what archery is all about. Glad to hear you discovered something to help you.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Everything has a sweet spot. One more pound, a grain more powder, just a little more air in the mixture.

Lots of ways to make cheap targets. For years we used 12" thick cardboard compressed together. Used another fiber board material too. I am looking at the local hardware store. They have 1/4" ethafoam sheets for s floor mat. For 20$ per pack, maybe 4 packs, I could have a 3' x 3' target pretty cheaply.

Fun is what archery is all about. Glad to hear you discovered something to help you.
    I"ve had an old block target for years, that stops any arrow. Now that its old, the poly cover is ripped, I see that its filled with shreds of fiberglass screen! That has got to be easy to make! Bill
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30