Thread: Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Leupold

Default Swarovski vs Zeiss vs Leupold

I am in the market for a new scope for a new rifle and am having a difficult time deciding. I sold an old gun to finance the new scope so price doesn't really matter. I was just outside at sunset and was looking through all my scopes and I really can't tell the difference. I was comparing a VXII 3-9X50, VXII 3-9X40, VXIII 2.5-8X36, VXIII 1.75-6X32 and a Swarovski PH 30MM 3-12X50. I was looking through them all until after what would have been legal shooting light and the only conclusion I came to was I could see the heavier Duplexes much easier. I had all the scopes on 6X to try and keep things constant. Light and Definition seemed very similiar on all scopes. I was set on getting another Swarovski since the Swarovski I have has done fine for me so far but now I just don't know if it is worth the extra money.

I have a set of Swarovski Binos that are deffinately worth the money, the detail and definition is second to none when looking into brush or trees with low light but don't know if the same carries through on the scopes even though I have one.

any thoughts?
    thanks, gary

Default vrs.

I have noticed the difference in the Bino's but not so much in the scopes. My family has been using leupolds for over 35 years and have had some go through house fires and sent them back with new ones returned no questions asked. You can't beat that kind of service and warranty. I just posted 2 of them for sale that I won at the local SCI banquet. I am going to get a new set of gold ring bino's 10 x 40's as my current ones are now going to my kids. Look under the swap and sell posted by fireman. For the money you can't beat the durability either. I am shooting them on my Weatherby's and with the 338-378 and my 300 no problems at all.
    Tony

If money is no object then get Schmidt and Benders, Look at the Zenith series, this is the cats ***! They are superior to Swarovski's. Its worth checking out...CK

I have both Swarovski (2.5 x 10 x40 with a 30mm tube)and Leupold (3.5 x10x 40 VXIII)scopes and find the Swarovski a little better in the dawn and dusk time periods. Is it worth the price difference, debatable. I have also owned a early pair of Leupold 10 x 40 Gold Ring and now own a pair of Swarovski 10 x 40 EL's and they are more than worth the price difference. I have not have any experience with Zeiss products but have friends who would use nothing else. I would check out one of the VX-7 series scopes for a comparison.

Default Zeiss

I don't have any Zeiss riflescopes but do have the Zeiss Diascope 85 spotting scope. It is the nicest glass I own. By far! I have owned Leupold and several Burris scopes including the wonderful Black Diamond series. For that matter, you may want to check that out. Lifetime warranty and excellent optics. But before I dropped my money for a scope like these, I would be sure to look through them all. And I would definately take a look at Zeiss before buying any of the others. Here is few links to look at.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...239&t=11082005

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...053&t=11082005
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

well, after posting this question I noticed the Camera Land sale listed below. I just got a Swarovski PH 2.5-10X42 scope for $799 which usually lists for $1500. This is the scope I wanted to get and have been looking for a while. At full price I didn't know if it was worth it...at half price I think it is worth it.

Thanks for your feedback, It seems your opinions are similiar to mine that the Binos are deffinately worth the price and the rifle scopes probably are

Gary