Thread: Wooldridge Deep Water Plus comments?

Talking Wooldridge Deep Water Plus comments?

I have been wanting a Deep Water Plus for a while but haven't heard owners rants and raves on one here. How do they ride and likes dislikes? Anyone have a lead on a used one?

I also called wooldridge and a man who answered the phone believes they might be discontinuing the model since the SuperSport Offshore is the same? So what are the differences and anyone have rants and raves on it?

Love to see the pics of both models.

I know Sportdrifter on this forum has something to say.

Sobie2

Smile Wooldridge

Both boats have the same bottom design, the SSP has higher sides a pilot style windshield and a larger transom fish box. The Deep Water has a wing upfront on the bow where the SSP does not but they can add one if you like. The deep water can be built with the pilot style windows. The 27 John Deere boat has the wing, look at the 25ft blue SSP in the first page of the 27ft SSP post you will see the difference. There is more room inside the SSP that the Deep Water. Just do a search in the boating forum you will find lots of info.
    Here is a review from one of the forum members from an earlier post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do have the SSP 23 and have had the 2006 26' Hewes Alaskan, 2006 26' NR Seahawk OS and the 1997 24 Osprey Long Cabin. The Wooley is so far my favorite as it has all the amenities, fuel efficiency and the economy that I was seeking. It is also very stable at rest and does well in chops and seas in Alaska. I do not go out if the seas are over 6' as a rule but I do go out often on trips that are 150 miles plus during my many day trips out of PWS. The Wooley is much more fuel efficient than any of the others probably due to the weight and also saves significant fuel on my tow-rig compared to the others I have had. My WOT is 46mph on my gps lightly loaded and my "high-cruise" 4200 rpm is about 33mph and I can go all day at 3600 rpm at 24mph. I was doubting others on the mileage reports but I am convinced that it is that good.

It probably isn't the best boat out there for everyone but the Best in my opinion for PWS, Seward and other places in the area if you consider all the factors in boat ownership in my opinion.

In my quest for the perfect boat for ME, I did a lot of research and of course at one point or another, I did think that each of those boats that I had were the best option for me and that is what led me to buy them. The NR is a very seaworthy boat and remains as one of the best alum boats that I think exists for big water but their cabin was a little on the small side and was a bit tippier than the Wooley at rest (steep V on transom). I do still think they really look tough though.

I also think that if you get either boat, you will not be disappointed as they are both fine builders and have outstanding reputations. Check out North River Mafias at ifish.net and they will certainly give you a lot of info on the NR boats. I am stubborn and had to find out for myself. Another thing worthy of note, NONE of the boats that I listed above after owning it for a period of time not to exceed 1 year on any one of them resulted in me losing any money at all!!! Try that with any TOY priced at over $70,000.

Mark

Talking Deep water

Default Super Sport Pilot

Smile 2005 Wooldridge Deep Water Plus 25'

If you are still looking for a Wooldridge Deep Water Plus, im selling mine moving up to a 30', 203 Hrs see ad under swap & sell or call 907-376-1174.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FISHHOGG View Post
    If you are still looking for a Wooldridge Deep Water Plus, im selling mine moving up to a 30', 203 Hrs see ad under swap & sell or call 907-376-1174.

Thanks
    Sounds like a nice boat, I will PM you, thanks.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FISHHOGG View Post

Thanks
    We have found are next boat!! If you are looking for a GREAT DEAL, come take a look and make offer>

Bump up Bump up.