Thread: Great folks at Archer's Den

Default Great folks at Archer's Den

I just took my bowtech bow to Archer's Den in Eagle River. They are setting it up for me. Really nice folks that are knowledgeable.

I'll happily second that! It is great to have Paul and his staff around for hands on expert advice and a great selection of gear. It is really nice to have a range back in town as well, lots of events going on there. Well worth the drive which ever direction you are coming.

Dave

I've only dropped in for a few minutes a couple of times, but I was pleased with what I saw and heard. I'll be buying a new bow soon, and The Archer's Den is on the top of my list. I've always been happy at Fletcher's, but I sure would like to see the local guy succeed.

Nice to hear about the range in Eagle River. I used to shoot at another range when it was open out there. I do have a question though. I have a Hoyt Spectra light hunter compound. I got in in 1992 and it still shoots great. I have not had it tuned up in about 3 years and have just been plinking in the yard or at a few 3d shoots. Do they work on hoyts there? I just want it looked over, Inspected, new string basic stuff. Oh and of course I need more arrows.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default be careful....

Funny, same thing happened to me a few years ago. Had a Browning from my youth, took it to Full Draw and wanted to get her all tuned up. The guys there were great, told me "it's an older bow, can get you a new string, that's about it." "Hey, why you're here why not shoot some new bows."

Ended up walking out with a Bowtech Patriot! Bottom-line, if you "test" a newer bow you might make a purchase. Just don't go with Matthews!! That's for my hunting bro...Timbo!!!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by dangus View Post
    Just don't go with Matthews!!
    Tony
    Is this a joke that I don't get? I have a friend that shoots a Bowtech and loves it. My son and several friends shoot Matthews and love 'em. The only thing keeping me hooked up with my with my Reflex is $$$$ - and... it shoots darn good. Ain't none of them cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Nice to hear about the range in Eagle River. I used to shoot at another range when it was open out there. I do have a question though. I have a Hoyt Spectra light hunter compound. I got in in 1992 and it still shoots great. I have not had it tuned up in about 3 years and have just been plinking in the yard or at a few 3d shoots. Do they work on hoyts there? I just want it looked over, Inspected, new string basic stuff. Oh and of course I need more arrows.
    Yes, Paul will work on your bow and get it shooting up to speed. I've got a Reflex Extreme I bought back in '98 and I had him replace the string, went to shoot it and discovered that the rest was not the proper type for my bow, so he put a new rest on it, went to shoot it again and the plastic guard covering my pins broke, yeah, you guessed it, I ended with a new sight too. Just keep in mind that archery tackle has come a long ways since you bought your bow, I had no intentions of buying new stuff for mine but stuff happens and now she shoots real good.

Thumbs up

I just upgraded my sights last year and just shoot finger tab. I do want a new string and a new rest and a doz arrows,. My bow still shoots fine. It has taken 1 blackie, a boo and 2 moose and countless grouse, and bunnies. When it does miss im 99.999999 percent sure it was not the bow. Like I always say, It went where I aimed it. As much as I would love a new Bow this one is great and with my other addication, (trophy bows, dollies and grayling) my budget is used up most of the time. Thanks for all the info though guys as usual the information on this site is priceless
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

anybody know when the best time to go over there when there is no league's going on or real busy, I need to get over there and have them check out my bow and my form thanks

Thumbs up Awsome shop

I just bought a Guardian there today. The service that you receive at the Archers Den is unmatched to anywhere I have ever been in Alaska and the lower 48. Paul and and the entire crew are really great guys, from what I experienced it doesn't really matter when your there, but I believe most of the leagues start in the evening. One of the things that impressed me the most was that they make sure you leave the shop with what fits, Paul will not sell you a bow that is not right for you.

Default Archer's Den

I have loved the opening of the Den as well. Paul and staff got my wife and I all up to speed on our bows and I am shooting better now than I ever have been. We are going to try to get out to the remaining league shoots starting next week and I encourage folks to get into the leagues as well. Gotta keep practicing for the spring bear!

Gooch

Default range

They have a really well lit range which is a great place to practice; I went on Wed for the first time and was really pleased.

Another good report: I went in yesterday and talked to Paul about new bows. He spent 15 minutes with me explaining some of the differences, and he set out a plan for having me come in multiple times to shoot various bows. It was obvious that he cares about getting a customer into the right bow instead of just selling them on his personal preference or on the latest, greatest material. I was quite surprised that it was his suggestion that we spend so much time together in the process of getting a new bow. Sounds great to me, but from the standpoint of a business owner it sure seems like he'll be pouring a lot of effort into a single client. Of course, that is what makes for pleased customers and repeat business. Paul seems to get this, and thus I'll almost certainly be buying my bow from him.

I had a good experience with Archer's Den also. Last weekend I was in shooting and in the process noticed that I was getting a little wear on my vanes. I asked them about it, whether my rest was causing the problem, or if was just normal. In the process of looking at my bow/arrows, they noticed that my arrows were probably too light spined for my bow, and it would be safer for me too shoot heavier spined arrows. I bought the arrows from them a few months before. I was borderline between needing 250s or 350s. They offered to replace my slightly used arrows with new heavier spined arrows. They gave me 6 new for my 5 remaining used arrows, I had just ruined one 10 minutes earlier by shooting my first (and hopefully last) "Robin Hood".

I don't think that the big sporting chain or an e-mail order company would have done the same.

Default i agree

the den is great and Paul will set you up!! We are lucky to have 2 great bow shops within easy driving distance!! I own a bowtech, and will be frequenting the den!!

Default One more Thumbs Up

Paul is outstanding. He got my rig tuned yesterday, even though I didn't buy it from him. Very fair prices. Now, I just need to shoot the X's out everytime so he quits ragging on my about my MATHEWS!

Hey, when you guys are out there shooting 3-D, try not to hit our Christmas tree....