Thread: FRC Training Classes

Default FRC Training Classes

Fairbanks Retriever Club
    2008 Retriever Training Classes

February 23–May 10, 2008
    (includes heated indoor sessions thru April 12, rest are outdoors)

10 a.m. – 11 a.m. OR
    11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Camp Li-Wa, Fairbanks, Alaska

COST: $100 + cost of FRC membership. Membership is $30 single or $40 family. Sign up for membership separately. Membership enrollment available online at http://www.fairbanksretrieverclub.org. Class size will be limited so sign up early!

Requirements: Retrievers must be 8 weeks or older with current vaccinations (proof of vaccinations may be presented on first day of class.) Classes will be divided into two groups, both covering the same basics concepts. You enroll in only one of the classes.

We will be instructing the owner/handlers on the basics of starting your dog for hunting and field work. This includes basic obedience, building the retrieve, and preparing the dog for more advanced training. The outdoor sessions will include land and water work.

For more info or to register online, visit our web site at http://www.fairbanksretrieverclub.org/classes or contact Ryan Davila, email vp@fairbanksretrieverclub.org

Fairbanks Retriever Club, PO Box 60463, Fairbanks, AK 99706

Karen

Default re: revised times

Just a little revision to the class times.

The classes will be held from 9:45-10:45 a.m. OR 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.

Karen

Default Is this open to all breeds?

I have a german shorthair and was curious if this class was open for pointers or was this a lab only session?

I would think sporting breeds would be accepted for the class. It is basically an obedience class + retrieving.

Default Is this allowed ?

I think advertising like this will open up a can of worms.
    Everyone will start advertising here.
    I don't think this was the intent for this forum.
    Check the forum rules.

I think you leaving that post will open a can of worms. Yes this is advertising but advertising for training classes which is in the gundog training forum. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the forum homepage and look at all the advertising going on there, look at the classifieds and all the advertising there, this thread is posted in the right spot. Like my mother-in-law says " if you dont have anything nice to say , dont say anything at all" Rock on FRC, your fully supported and Ill see you in Feb.

Sky guy, this is the gun dog forum. This is the place people come to ask gun dog training advice. The class is put on by the Fairbanks Retriever Club. FRC and IAGDA are the gun dog support clubs for the Fairbanks area. If one has a young gun dog in need of training, I would HIGHLY recommend taking classes. The dogs get much needed socialization and their owners learn how to train their dogs.
    If there was ever a post that needed to be included on this board, this is it.