Thread: Eklutna??

Default Eklutna??

Has anyone rode it lately and know the conditions? What are the days you can ride there? It's been so long I forgot.

Thanks

Default Sunday thru Wednesday

are the days ATVs are allowed on that road. I haven't heard of anyone going lately so I have no idea what the trail is like.
    Be advised that the Parks had a proposed rule (not in effect yet) change out to block ATVs from Dec thru March because the snowmachiners apparently complained that we put ruts in their trail (their trail??) despite the fact they don't even have to stay on the trail. And despite the fact they are using money we pay for "smowmachine registration" to pay for the grooming of the trail.
    Guess some kids never learn to play well with other people.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

FYI, Eklutna has remained closed to snowmachines so far this season, due to insufficient snow. http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/asp/chugachwinter.pdf
    And I'm sure that the recent warm spell has done nothing to improve the situation.

During the summer, at least, Eklutna is open to motorized travel Sunday through Thursday (or it might be Wednesday)--all I remember is that Friday and Saturday are off-limits to us.

Quote Originally Posted by sr12345 View Post
    During the summer, at least, Eklutna is open to motorized travel Sunday through Thursday (or it might be Wednesday)--all I remember is that Friday and Saturday are off-limits to us.
    ATVs are allowed Sunday - Wednesday only.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

If it is closed to snowmachines, does that also prohibit us guys with tires?

Default The way the proposed regs read

wheeled rigs out not allowed from 1 Dec to the end of March I think it was, anyway, two set dates. There was an allowance for the commisioner to change it but it seemed to me that either ATV or snowgo seems an easier way to go. We'll have to see what the final rules say. Like I said, they haven't gone into effect yet.
    Has anyone here been hassled about riding their ATV there without snowmobile stickers?
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Echo View Post
    Has anyone here been hassled about riding their ATV there without snowmobile stickers?
    Mike
    I have only ridden there during the summer. I took my new Rhino there last May and several park rangers came over to my truck when I was unloading it. They wanted to check it out. We talked for about 10 minutes and they never once asked about the sticker. I had it in the glove box but no one ever asked. I don't have any stickers on my Grizzly 700 or the wife's Popo Sportsman 500 H.O. I have ridden there several times during the summer and no one has ever asked us about stickers.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    I have only ridden there during the summer. I took my new Rhino there last May and several park rangers came over to my truck when I was unloading it. They wanted to check it out. We talked for about 10 minutes and they never once asked about the sticker. I had it in the glove box but no one ever asked. I don't have any stickers on my Grizzly 700 or the wife's Popo Sportsman 500 H.O. I have ridden there several times during the summer and no one has ever asked us about stickers.
    I was told out there last summer that you only needed the sticker on your atv IF the trail is OPEN to sleds. Don't know if this has changed since then.
    EricL

Default Registration Stickers

They have never checked my ATV's, even though they have current registration stickers. I was up there probably 6-8 times last year but ride wierd times of the day. I did have to leave a snowmachine on the trailer last year since it had an expired registration. The ranger said if I took it off the trailer that he would have to give me a ticket, and I wasn't going to try it. I was so excited to go that I forgot to check the registrations before heading up there, so we just doubled up on my wifes machine.