Thread: Best aluminum boat

Default Best aluminum boat

I am looking for an aluminum boat and motor for river and bay use. I am thinking 14 or 16 ft. and 15 to 25 HP for reasonable fuel economy. What brands would you recommend and what motors.

Peters Creek, Alaska, United States, United States

lunds are very popular in alaska waters and have a good reputation. get one that has high sides if you plan on taking it out in the salt. lots of options out there though. smokercrafts are pretty popular as well.

16' Alumacraft Xpress jon with a semi-v bow and 25 hp 4 stroke Yamaha w/electric start. Absolutely love this rig; it's got factory added rear sponsons for extra floatation, raised diamond plate deck, long storage box along one side, 2 swivel seats. I think you'd want a boat with a deeper V for ocean use, but this boat with the 25 scoots pretty well. Electric start not needed but it came with it; would be nice to have because of the battery, you could add a bilge pump, radio, etc.

Default klamath

Take a long, hard look at the all welded line of Klamath boats. My first boat was an 18' center counsole Klamath. I loved that boat! Very functional and affordable.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Wasilla, Alaska, United States

14/16' is REALLY minimal for salt water. I'd go at least 18' (it won't be that much more $$) and you will feel much safer.

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....