Thread: False Island Lodge Feedback/Comments?

Question False Island Lodge Feedback/Comments?

Four of us are planning on going to False Island Lodge near Sitka this July. Their website looks good from what little they post as far as accomodations. Anyone out there have some feedback on this outfit?

Thanks alot.

did you already send a deposit?

Default good fishing location

Back in the early 1990s, False Island was a logging community of about 150-200 people and my family and I used to live there. Its a beautiful area and I've always wanted to go back. There's lots of logging roads and I remember some excellent fresh water fishing streams (I don't know what roads are still maintained though). I grew up with the McGraws out at camp but don't know much about Mitch's outfit. I'm sure you'll be treated well by them though. I do know that the saltwater fishing was always real good out of False island (lots of halibut) so I'm sure you'll be accomodated well in that respect. Anyway, wish I could be more help but I haven't been to the area for over 10 years. I'm interested to see what others know about the outfit.

No we did not. Any reason you ask?

Thanks! Sounds like a great place.

My knowledge be it as it may is only 2nd hand. As a skipper in the area I was told to steer clear of them.

If you want an out of the way area, I'd go to talon lodge first and then Dove island.

Talon is a beautiful lodge and the skiippers are dang good if you have the guys who ran last summer. It really takes quite a bit to catch my eye for a place. This place did it the minute I pulled into the slip.

Dove is nice though I've never been in it, I've seen it and skippered a day for them as a fill in. I know a few of their skippers and they do well too. I just dont think the lodge is as nice as talon, but like I said, I've only been tied to the dock and didnt go up to the lodge as I have at Talon. YOu can only really see one small portion of it from the dock. Seems nice.

Kingfisher is another I'd go with if you want to stay in town. Lots of good skippers, I they are running 18 boats now full time with 3 to 4 people usually per boat. Seems like a big operation and it is, it's likely the largest in town and is what put Sitka on the map.

As is

Reel class or Reel affair. both of these run 5 boats or so on any given day.

I know many of these guys and you wont go wrong with any of them. But due to site policy I'll leave it at I left your mentioned lodge out for a reason.