Thread: Scar-L and Scar-H

Default Scar-L and Scar-H

Howdy all,
    I was wondering if anybody on this forum had any opinions of the new battle rifle the SCAR-H (7.62x51) and SCAR-L (5.56) that I've been hearing about. I've been saving my money for quite a while to try and buy one of those DPMS .308s that is in the AR-15 style platform. What I'm wondering is should I wait a bit for the SCAR-H to go civilian? Or as a civilian should I just stick to the AR-15 platform for cost and parts availability.

AKF

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you."
    Last edited by AKF; 01-20-2008 at 01:27. Reason: innaccurate chamber info

AKH:

You should not buy a DPMS, Doesn't pass militartyspec, whether you can get a scar or not.

If you can not get a scar, then buy the Magpul Masada when it comes out in a few months. You will get getter customer service from them anyway.

Right on, I have to say I'm a bit suprised to hear that about DPMS. Everything I've heard and read says they make a great ar-15 and ar-10 style rifle. So it sounds like it quite literally did not pass the military specs eh? Anywhere I can read about it online? Also, does anybody know some cold hard release civilian dates for the scar, before hilary bans them....

Try Glocktalk, or AR-15.com.

DPMS, is about the lowest rung of AR makers.

I'll take your word for it, but I will say that I'm on the AR-15 armory forum and I have had nothing but good things about the DPMS stuff. But I think I'm either going to buy a Magpul Masada in 7.62 (39 or 51) or a PSD.