Thread: kenetrek mountain boots

Default kenetrek mountain boots

I am looking for anyone with any experience with the kenetrek mountain hunter boots. I am preparing for a sheep hunt this year and have been looking at these boots. My wife works at sportsmans warehouse so I get a pretty good deal on them. Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks

Lowa Sheep Hunter boot is the way to go for a good solid boot. They cost but well worth it in the long run. I tried many different boots and the Lowa Sheep Hunter won and they will last a long time if you take care of them.

Default good boots

Ive got Kenetrek hunting boots. Best $295 I ever spent.

Thumbs up Two Thumbs Up

akarmy,

I've got nearly every style that Kenetrek makes and I love them all. I've got the Hardscrabble Hikers on my feet right now. Just an FYI...Kenetrek is going to have a new boot called the Mountain Light available probably around the end of February/early March that should be the cat's meow for sheep hunting. As of last week they were in transit from Italy so it shouldn't be long before they're in the states. The Mountain Light is a rigid mountain hiking boot, but they were able to shave almost a pound off per pair (based on the Hardscrabble weight) by replacing some of the leather portions with cordura. Definitely something to look at if you're weight conscious about your gear; and what sheep hunter isn't. I got to handle a prototype of the Mountain Light last week and it should be well accepted by the sheep hunting fraternity. I thought Lowa's were great until I started wearing Kenetreks.

Jeff

they resemble the cabela's mediel canada hunters an awfull lot and love those, i've looked at these boots at SW too and like the looks of them.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Like Jeff, I have my pair of Kenetreks (Mountains) on my feet at this moment. Good boot, but not near as good as my 2 pair of SheepHunters that are in the entryway.

I have no experience with the Hardscrabble, but between the Kenetrek Mountain Hunter and the Lowa Sheep Hunter, Lowa is the way to go on my foot.

I tried on the Light Scrabbles at Sportsmans yesterday and they look like a great hiking boot but I could not get them to fit me correctly. Lots of room for movement around my ankles, even with thick socks, and they were the narrowest size they make. They had the other 2 taller versions alos, they look like replicas of the Lowa's and Meindls. Though I think it said made in Italy on the inside of the boot.