Thread: Barnes XLC bullets

Default Barnes XLC bullets

Barnes has discontinued their XLC (blue coating) line of bullets. I have a load in one of my rifles that especially likes these bullets and would be interested in purchasing any that anyone might have that they do not want to keep. I am looking for .308 180 grain either flat based or boattail. Thanx

Default You could coat some bullets yourself.

Another option to consider would be coating some of the newer bullets yourself. A friend of mine just started coating his rifle and pistol bullets, and he said the process is super easy. I haven't been over to his house while he's doing it, but he showed me the end result. The bullets have what looks like a shiny clear coat on them although I wonder if he'll end up adding color eventually.

Because this is so recent, I can't say how the performance has been yet. Just thought I'd offer this as food-for-thought. One of my brothers is in the same situation as you (but for a 7mm). However, he still has hundreds of rounds loaded.

Anchorage, Alaska

Thumbs up I have some

Shphtr, I just checked my reloading shelf, and I do have a box of XLC 180 flat bottoms. I didn't count them, but it looks like it's full or pretty near full. I doubt that I'll be using them. PM me.