Thread: busted grizzly

Default busted grizzly

so i broke something inside the middle gear on my grizzly, no 4 wheel drive so no plowing for me just wondering if anyone else has had anysort of drivetrain problems with theres i really haven't heard anything bad about drivetrains on them.

Default busted grizz

No problems of any kind on my 05 grizz the past 2000 miles......love it!

I had a 2003 Grizzly 660 (sold last March) that I busted both rear CV axles on. The new owner broke the left front CV axle on his first ride as the new owner. I sold it with 1300 miles on it. I used it to plow with and trail ride for 4 years. I replaced it with a 2007 Rhino 660 and a 2007 Grizzly 700fi w/EPS. No issue with either yet. CV axles are a know issue with Yamaha in some year models. Breaking something else other than the CV axles is not normal. What was going on when your quad broke? Were you in 4x4 low, backing up or going forward?, going strait or turning?, deep snow or hard pack. Have you ever crashed your quad before...if so, any previous damage that could have contributed to this failure? Just trying to get an understanding of what happened to cause this failure. Thanks!!!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

I have an 02 with 1500 miles and i have have 27's a clutch kit and a lift and no probs. The 03's had the bad cv joints. My buddy has an 02 modded to the max 686big bore, lots of clutch work, etc. He did twist off his rear driveline when he had 29.5 Outlaws on it for a while. Too big of tires, to much torque equals....somethings gotta give.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

i don't think anything previous would have hurt anything internally like that basically a stock 02 grizz only a plow added. i think it just broke

Quote Originally Posted by mattumattu View Post
    i don't think anything previous would have hurt anything internally like that basically a stock 02 grizz only a plow added. i think it just broke
    I was thinking maybe a previous accident might have bent the drive-line or something that may have put more stress on the driveline...anything that might have contributed to the situation.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/