Thread: Marlin GG sight replacement options

Default Marlin GG sight replacement options

Considering upgrading the sights on my 45/70. Any recommendations.
    Ghost ring vs open sights?

I really like my ghost rings and hi-viz front sight.

kingfisherktn

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Just one mans opinion, but if it is a guide gun and you plan to actually use it, I would suggest a rear peep / ghost ring and a front sight with “wings” to protect the post. Cant remember the brand name but Midway USA carries them and they aint cheap. Of course you could always throw your self esteem and pride in the crapper, and head on down to Wild West Guns for a set of their sights along with a dose of condescending arrogance dished out with a side of loathing and superiority complex………….. but their sights are good if you can afford the hefty price tag……………..and I aint talking about the money. All that being said, I have found that ALL of my sight problems can be attributed to the front sight and damage caused by contact or impact with……….. well, with everything. It seems its always the end of the barrel that gets whacked and every fiber glow sight I have had ends up getting twanged, every protective cover gets lost and every blade gets bent. The protective wings seems to be the way to go for my usage style.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Eo-tech is all you need

I have the WWG ghost ring on mine, and it works well at 50 yards. I flip the bucktail sight up if I am shooting beyond that.

XS sights in dallas I think. Natches and Cabeles also have them

xssights.com

I have installed them on 2 marlins, and I love the fast acquisition, and they are easy to install.

Default WWG

If you like the Wild West sights, and can wait, they usually have a significant discount at the Sportsman's Show in April. I like mine!

Default XS sights.

I have used and love XS Sights. They mount on the receiver and give you a longer sight radius. They come with two rear appetures, a large one for "close quarters" target aquisition and a small appeture for more precise shooting. I have my set with wings on the rear sight. The front sight is very strong and is fine with out any protection. The XS sights are easy to install and a great addition to any Marline Rifle.
    Train today to succeed tomarrow

US Army Miltary Police

Watch your speed ( Chronographs work great! )