Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fact or Fiction ?

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Arrow Fact or Fiction ?

Enukins: The little people that live underground in the Arctic.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    I enjoyed reading the write up on enukins. I remember when I first got to Kotzebue in April, 2004. I heard a patient at the hospital telling me about them. I laughed (of course) silently and entertained the lady. She was a lovely elder and full of wisdom. This one side trip she had taken me on was of great curiosity. Not long later, another person made a reference to them. She was from the village of Noatak, and made a similar remark. Well, long story short, after hearing from about a dozen people, I grew even more curious. On my my two lower Noatak trib floats (Kelly and Kugururok) I had several small things happen in camp. Things were moved and some were just missing. I am rather type A and put everything in its place. You know the type. I keep most of my observations to myself as my best friend and younger brother (from NC) would surely not believe me. It was two years later on the Kug that the same thing happened. Lets just say, when it comes to enukins, I am not as skeptical as most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik Imaje View Post
    Lets take a trip and explore some of the land here in the Arctic.

some of what I am about to tell you will seem preposterous, but just ask ANY PERSON that lives in any village from
    Nome clear up to Barrow, all of the villages of the entire North Slope Region, will tell you that what I am about to
    TRY AND EXPLAIN is "true". Do I have photos ? not yet, but working on it, there has to be a way to prove this.
    with recent giant advances in technology I am sure it will become possible to "catch" & record proof of the
    Ignaugalurauks.. .. The Little People, that live underground, and in caves here above the Arctic circle.
    This is no legend, or folklore, as new sightings are prevelant constantly, each and every year.!!
    I will tell you stories and provide photographs of all that "can be seen" in this vast huge expanse of area of
    several hundred thousand of square miles. THINGS HAPPEN OUT HERE.. .. ... ... that just do not make sense!!
    For instance.. ha ha.. you are NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT I AM ABOUT TO EXPLAIN.. you have to be here to experience
    these happenings, no matter what I type, you will be very skeptical and doubtful ONLY because.. you know better,
    this does not happen where YOU LIVE.
    therefore: ??
    Lets start.. .. at the beginning so you have a better understanding of what is going on up here.. .. frequently,
    reports abound.. .. in each and every village!! This is a vast area we are talking about in square miles.
    roughly the size of ALL the New England STATES put together.. .. EMPTY !!
    Ok.. nOW A Long TIME before the whaling companies arrived .. .. .. The Ingnakalaurak's LIVED AMONG the people of
    Point Hope.
    One of their young was eaten by a dog.. .. and they moved out of the village. These people are small, 3-4 feet in
    height!
    They live the ol ways, to this very day, dressed in caribou skins. They still hunt with bow & arrow. They live
    underground, and in caves all throughout this vast area.
    They possess super human qualities, that you WILL NEVER BELIEVE:
    They are incredibly strong and they can run, incredibly fast.. they sneak around the villages "stealing food".
    When any hunter, shots and kills a caribou, it requires two adult Inupiaq men to lift that caribou to place on a
    sled. It only takes ONE Ingnakalaurak to pick one up ...........and RUN WITH IT. Over his head (person carrying
    animal) running, with a dead caribou. ??? Bush Pilots have reported seeing caribou.. moving, quickly, in a
    horizontal position ???
    Well, lets stop right here and let me extend an invitation to you. Anyone, come on up here, talk to the bush pilots.
    They will tell you.. what they have seen with their own eyes, but you will not believe them, becuase, YOU KNOW
    BETTER. even though you have never been up here or heard of this before.
    Come on up !! See and experience it for yourself.
    HAVE I GOT YOUR ATTENTION NOW ?? good. I have no need to lie or exagerate about any of what goes on up here. I have
    no problem with the truth however I do have a huge problem with Liars and phoneies. that is why I stay up here in
    the Arctic.. Heaven on Earth. IMHO.
    Luke Koonuk was out hunting many miles from Point Hope, Imagine this, you travel hundreds of miles into a vast empty
    area, Luke's 4 whell honda was stuck in the mud. He had tried and tried and tried to life or get it out of the ruts
    to get free. He was exhausted bent over huffing and puffing, Exausted, bent over,.. .. suddenly out of the corner of
    his eye he sees,.............His honda rise in the air and come bouncing down on firmer ground and somethibng, a
    blur, was running away.
    When ANY HUNTER IS LOST.. .. .. stuck. .. .. in trouble.. these people appear out of no where to assist and wisk
    away..Gone in a flash.
    TOO MANY people up here have had too many experiences,.. .. !! I could go on and on with stories of what goes on up
    here and I promise to tell .. all I have experienced during my almost 3 decades of living among the Inupiaq peoples.
    Hunters, experienced hunters often talk about caribou that they have shot & killed. Dead. & it disappears before
    they reach it.
    Make no mistake, these people are very good in what they do, they are perhaps the best hunters in the world.
    Jump on a 4 wheel honda or a snowmobile, and go 200 miles out into this empty region.....@ 50 below zero and stay
    out there for weeks... YOu see a caribou and shoot it, it falls down, motionless, they wait and watch. have a
    smoke. wait and watch. We do not waste time out here, driving. gas is too expensive. well over 5,00 per gallon for
    years up here.
    That caribou is dead, said Joe Oktillik, I got on my machine and drove over those hills,. and ?? where is it? I
    know this is the spot, there is no blood anyplace, no tracks to the left or the right and no tracks going straight
    ahead...The last place I looked Joe said.. .. was up ! Caribou is gone, no tracks??????????
    This happens a lot up here.
    I am not going to waste time here tring to convince anyone. Come on up.. .. go out there.;. and see what happens. I
    can be your guide. Or connect you to a reputable source. The best time to come on up here, is in June during whaling
    festival, in Barrow; I live here now, and I am inviting any and all that wish to see, experience, life in the
    arctic. Although my house is small, I can comfortably fit 4 people @ any time. I have two spare rooms in my two
    story house here in Barrow Alaska. There are 5 adults living in this toasty warm house and two rooms to spare for
    any who wish to visit the Arctic @ the top of the world in Barrow. There are also a few hotels in town, but they do
    not offer free home cooked meals,5 times per day if necessary !!!
    So lets talk about "what goes on up here in the arctic... ... ...
    STRANGE THINGS YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE!!!!
    there is so much more to come.!!!

This plane ride to Barrow is 400 miles from Point Hope, a four hour flight, A hundred dollars per hour to fly.

This is the subject of this TOPIC.

My aim is to find a way to prove this, using today's modern technologies and some helpers that want to wander out into the wilderness, to capture on FILM, these elusive people.

An expedition of sorts for once and for all to prove this one way or the other.

Realize this: that any photographs of this unknown civilization would be priceless and would make the "photographers" filthy rich in many more ways than you can imagine.

good luck!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Update

KBRW radio in Barrow: last saturday had a long program on the radio about this very subject.

They camly told listeners, quit talking about the little people and other things I have not mentioned yet.

The MAIN reason for this: They do not want the government to take or civilize these people, leave them alone.!!

They are very very worried, about this.

when hunters go hunting, something is always left, behind for these people.

enough said !

Interesting!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Default Stories

I was told stories of the little people three different times in the villages along the Bering Coast of Norton Sound. The tellers of the stories were quite sincere in their belief that the Little People do exist.

The one story that I still remember partially had to do with a fog stranded boat of whalers. Something about one of them pushing a boat that was too heavy back into the sea with no help. A little person helped him. Him telling the little person thanks and the little person saying that the whaler was lucky because he was a "good" little person. That if his brother had found him, he was a trickster.

When the other whalers returned to the boat, they found the first whaler had pushed it into the water his self. When asked how he did it he told the story to them of the little person.

One of the other whales was there at the time of the telling of the story. And he assured me, that story teller member could not have pushed the boat in by his self. That it had to be a little person.

I saw the boat myself..... no way that one person could have pushed it. It was 1/4" aluminum, about 21-24' in length.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 01-22-2008 at 08:22. Reason: r

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Me too...

I lived in Nome and Kotz for about two years from 2004-2006 and heard numerous stories similar to that. I am less skeptical than most about enukins. An easy think to laugh at for someone with no insights. I can certainly understand that. I felt the same way myself at first. That changed.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Unless you can actually capture one, you will never be able to prove they exist. And you will never be able to prove they don't exist no matter what.

So if they don't exist, trying to prove it is an exercise in futility.

And no one has ever captured one so far so I don't think that will be done either. Better to just leave it alone.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

Question very insightful...

"trying to prove it is an exercise in futility"

I would be willing to bet that you don't believe in Santa Claus either. What about the Easter Bunny? Surely not God. I am just kidding. You make some good points. Unfortunately, I don't think it is that simple. When something is infused into a culture like enukins, you can't just ignore it all together. Well, you can (or I can), but there are tens of thousands of people that would disagree. And to be honest, it is more plausable than many would care to admit. If you have been in NW Alaska, you can certainly agree how easy it would be for a small culture to survive and not be detected. Yeah, I know. But still. The only way anyone would ever get within miles of them is by an airplane. You can hear one coming for 5 minutes up in the Noatak. Seems like forever. The very fact that no one is trying to prove they exist is interesting to me. I feel there is a very good reason for this. No one is trying to convince you that they exist. Wonder why? I do not believe in the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, or the Jersey Devil, the list goes on. But when it comes to enukins, I am not so quick to say. The fact that you had never heard of enukins until you read this thread should tell you something. The lady who wrote the post here has lived in NW Alaska for 30 years. I am the only one here that knows what she is talking about. And if I had not lived in NW Alaska for two years, I would not have ever heard of them either. No one knows about them for a reason. The Inupiaq perhaps fear that if people thought that there was any real chance they existed, people would come looking for them and exploit the enukin. Much like every other resource in NW Alaska. Who could blame them for feeling that way? It is entirely possible that tens of thousands of Inupiaq share stories of enukins in there folklore by coincidence. But that would be one heck of a coincidence.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default ...

From my post above...

"I am the only one here that knows what she is talking about"

Reading over the post before me, I see where Dave had heard of them as well. I stand corrected. But very few people have heard of enukin.

Default Imminauruks

Lived on the north slope for years, in Barrow and in the villages, and definitely heard about them...Was also told by some elders that it was sort of like the boogie man where I am from. The threat of them helped in bringing the youth in for curfew and things of that nature. "If you stay out too late the Imminauruks will get you." kind of thing.

Responded to a call once where a gentleman was fighting them. He had propped a dumpster up on blocks and was swing a large stick under the dumpster...all the while telling me that he was fighting the Imminauruks.

Default Cingssiik & Irrcenrraq

Here in my area we call them Cingssiik, the ones that inhabit mountainous areas are known as Irrcenrraq. Everyone that lives in the villages here in Southwest Alaska knows about them.

Enukins: The little people that live underground in the Arctic.

This is the subject of this TOPIC.

My aim is to find a way to prove this, using today's modern technologies and some helpers that want to wander out into the wilderness, to capture on FILM, these elusive people.

An expedition of sorts for once and for all to prove this one way or the other.

Realize this: that any photographs of this unknown civilization would be priceless and would make the "photographers" filthy rich in many more ways than you can imagine.
    any takers ??

Default bigfoot

When I was in the military I was stationed at Fort Lewis washington. Known as being Bigfoot country.... Range 39 if anybody remembers. I never saw or heard from any of these critters, but I know more than one tough, hardcore Airborne Ranger that woudn't venture out into the field without live rounds. Many of my friends have swore to have had experiences.
    Do I believe in Bigfoot? I generally don't... but I know my buddy's weren't lying.. they were definetly aware and concerned over what they had experienced.
    So who can say.... my opinion on the "little people"... let them be......

reuben....

Default Bigfoot...

I agree with the "leave them be" philosophy. I saw a show on Discovery (or similar) channel a few weeks back talking about "small people" throughout history. New Guinea, several of the South Pacific islands, one or two in Europe in remote mtn areas. It was a legitimate type show with scientist and such. They had remains of "small people". All I could think about was Enukins. As it turns out, it is not as rare of a possibility as most people would think. The funny thing I found was that through the thousands of years and 1/2 dozen or so examples of "little people" they gave, most all were considered mischevious, sneaky, or just plain evil in some cases. Very interesting as that is a similar reputation that some give to Enukins. At least the sneaky part. How different populations of people over thousands of years, that have never met one another could have the same accounts is interesting to say the least. It is my opinion that there is always a thread of fact in the myths and stories that people tell. While I doubt I will ever see an Enukin while on my float trips in NW Alaska, I can assure you I would forget it if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    The one story that I still remember partially had to do with a fog stranded boat of whalers. Something about one of them pushing a boat that was too heavy back into the sea with no help. A little person helped him. Him telling the little person thanks and the little person saying that the whaler was lucky because he was a "good" little person. That if his brother had found him, he was a trickster.
    I am not going to dispute any of this but I wonder what language the little people spoke?

Smile What language...

Enukinish of course.

Default Big Write up in the Delta Discovery a few years back...

someon in Toksook Bay even had photographs of the irrcinrraqs foot prints...

Just this last moose hunting season, I thought I saw one in a large birch tree, but the thing never moved, & for the life of me, I Swear to God! I thought I could hear that one call my name...I'll be the first to admit I have bad hearing & all, but this was nearly clear as a bell...& I would be the first to admit that Irrcinrraqs DON'T exsist...

If they do exsist, then they are very, very elusive, as I am sure that there's some sort of infered trail cam or heat thermal technology that could capture one or a whole pack of them, out in the wild...

I'll never forget Gary Larson's Parking Lot Ding Gnomes...

any takers ??
    I would leave them alone. We are told never to follow them or the tracks they leave behind. They will lead you to trouble or worse.

Default The proof is here

RECENT NEW REPORTS .. and some very substansial proof !!

http://www.adn.com/life/story/422883.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast