Thread: Encore forearm

Default Encore forearm

I have not done much with Encores yet. I bought a Bullberry, .350 Rem. Mag. Stainless barrel, 20" with muzzle break.

I need a forearm but am not sure what will fit. The barrel appears to be 15/16 in dia.

Hopefully the picture is enough that someone will be able to tell me something.

Thanks!

How about a starting load for IMR 4064 and a 225 Sierra or North Fork ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Jack.

Hi Dave. Good rifle, good caliber. I don't have any experience with the North Fork bullet. The Sierra 225 grain is a good bullet for light game up to caribou, but beyond that, I can't recommend it. My choices of powders would be IMR 4320 and IMR 3031, in that order. With the 225 gr. Sierra, I would start with 53 gr. of IMR 4320 or 49 gr. of IMR 3031 and work up in half gr. increments, watching for signs of excess pressure. You might want to consider the 225 gr. Nosler Partition. Depending on the amount of leade you have before contacting the rifling, you might want to seat out the bullets until they are 10 thousandths off the rifling. You don't have magazine length to contend with.
    Jack

It looks like you got the hanger bar too. You might want to call bullberry and see what forend fits. I would think that a 1 inch channel would work. But I think if you want to use the hanger bar, wich is a way of freefloating a encore barrel you might need a special forend.

Ive heard bullberry barrels were very accurate. SO good luck with that!

Also check out Bellm tc, they have some good trigger kits. I installed one in my encore. Pretty good for drop in and cheap. There was a little gritty, but still a good improvement

Default Imr 4064

I use IMR 4064 in every rifle. Not the most efficent for all of them but when I was moving village to village by mail, sneaking a one pound can was better than sneaking several.

I think I have 10 pounds of 4064 so that is what I plan on using.

Mike does do nice work. I have a 12" .445 Supermag barrel with muzzle break. Wacking a 6" gong at 200 yards is a cinch.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012