Thread: Weatherby Vanguard .308 Winchester

Default Weatherby Vanguard .308 Winchester

does any one know aout these and would it be siutible for a ten year old boy and would it make a good black bear gun THANKS!!!!
    Ron Paul 2008 RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTION

TRY JESUS

ILY

I looked at these rifles for my kids. There is a version that comes with both a youth stock and an adult stock. It's a great value. I ended up going with Ruger stainless rifles because I got a better deal on them.

The .308 is a fine cartridge for black bear and when used properly will also do moose at reasonable ranges. My 11 year old son shoots a .270, but he also weighs over 150lbs... my 12 year old daughter shoots a .243 and she is a bit smaller. The .308 is a good cartridge for a first time high power rifle.

I have shot several Vanguards (243, 270, 3006 and 300WTBY) all were very accurate. I looked at getting one for my kid, but I came across a better deal. I think there are good rifles for the money and 308 will work fine for black bears. My daughters 308 has.

Default thanks

thanks for all of the info all of you guys im a kid to so that 308. is at the top of the list
    Ron Paul 2008 RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTION

TRY JESUS

ILY

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I figger a 308 be plenty gun:

That Vanguard is one fine looking rifle, I've been eye'in them. And for a younger person, the youth model with two stocks would be ideal.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Thumbs up

We bought the 2 stock Vanguard package a couple of years ago for my then 10 y.o. son and have been quite pleased with it. His is 7mm-08, but the .308 should be a good one too.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

I think that a 308 is an excellent catridge for a first centerfire rifle. My first rifle was a remington 788 in 308. I had no difficulty shooting it at the age of 10. I think that 308 is a great round for black bear, caribou, deer and moose at a reasonable range.

I only have one vanguard rifle. It is a 257 weatherby in a sub-moa model. I have been nothing but impressed by this rifle. It will consistenly shoot half inch groups at 100 yards with weatherby factory loads. I really can't say enough good things about this rifle.

For the price, I don't see how you could go wrong with a vanguard in 308.