Thread: Contender pistol barrels

Question Contender pistol barrels

I bought an older TC Contender pistol. Will the later model contender barrels fit the older TC Contender frame? I have heard conflicting answers to this question.

Default YES

The main difference in the Contenders was the hammer and hammer block safty and grip design (even though grips are interchangable). The hammer controls the transition from rimfire to centerfire cartridges. There were I believe 3 different hammer configurations.
    The actual frame was consistant all through production.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default Contender barrels

Barrels are interchangeable between the older style Contender frames and the newer Contender G2 frames, but grips are not due to different grip frame angle to help reduce felt recoil. Barrels between the Contender and Encore are not interchangeable.

The barrels are interchangeable between the Contender and G2 frames, but occasionally you may run across a barrel lug that will require tweaking for a G2 frame.

There were two versions of the older contender, and the real old barrels have a different locking lug that sometimes won't unlock when fit to a newer frame. T/C will send you the new style lugs that can be fit to the old barrels so they will open in all styles of frames.

What Paul H. says. The first production barrels will not work in later models, but T.C. will send you the cure for it. All others will work.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

Any ideas how to fix a .357 Maximum barrel that unlocks during recoil after firing?

Thanks for the replies guys! I learned more than I asked for!

Yes Doug there is an easy fix usually, that will stop the barrel from popping open. You will have to call me as I am not feeling like spending the next 30 minutes hunting and pecking the check this and check that.
    Neal

907-539-2268