Thread: 375 Ruger Recoil ...How bad?

Default 375 Ruger Recoil ...How bad?

I've an itching for a 375 Ruger but I am more than a bit concerned with how punishing the recoil would be. I have shot a 375 H&H and felt as if recoil was about the same as a heavy loaded 338WM in the recoil dept. So for those that have bought one, what do you think of it.

I shot mine about a week ago and didn't think it was bad at all. My 20 year old daughter also shot it and it didn't bother her either. That's the 1st large caliber she has shot. She is about 5'6" and a 125 lbs.

kingfisherktn

Cub,

I got one not too long ago and I'm still working up my loads for it. I don't really think it is noticeably different than the .375 H&H as far as recoil goes. I'm not a big fan of heavy recoil so when I'm at the range I often use a weighted rest that absorbs most of it. Of course when hunting I don't even notice the recoil.

I've got the SS Alaska version and it weighs exactly 9 lbs. (unloaded) with Warne QD rings and a VX II 2x7 Leupold on top.

I think it is very comparable to the H&H in a rifle of the same weight. The African version neeeds a recoil pad but the Alaskan versions are better equipped to mitigate recoil. I don't consider it intimidating recoil, in the heavy 338/375 class.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

AlaskaCub,

I have a Ruger Alaskan I'd be willing to let you shoot to check out the recoil. PM me if you're interested. I just came down with a cold yesterday, but I may still be heading to the range this weekend.