Thread: Bay Air

Default Bay Air

Anyone got any experience flying with Bay Air out of Dillingham?
    Thanks.

Luke

Yes, Tom runs a good operation.

Thumbs up Bay Air

Bay air is exceptionally reliable. Tom and Janet run a fine air taxi operation. They are one of the air taxis that has been operating out of Dillingham for many, many years. They generally have a support guy who will pick you up at the airport and run you around Dillingham to get anything you might need, like Coleman fuel or eggs. If you need to stay overnight in Dillingham their neighbor has a reasonabally priced "room for rent". They will store your gear that you send out ahead of you, and run you around after your hunt to help you send your gear/meat/trophies home. They have a garage area where you can cut up meat and/or sort gear. Reasonable rates, great service...I have used them for years and I have never had a reason to look anywhere else for air support in western Alaska.

Dennis Byrne
    Alaska True Adventure Guide Service

They are a very good service. Luckily Dillingham has a several reputable and safe air charter services if they happen to be booked when you are looking to go. Namely, Tikchik AirVentures and Freshwater Adventures. Tom runs a beaver on floats, the others offer 185, beaver and even a goose depending on your needs.

Enjoy, where you lookin to go?

Default Freshwater Adventures

I thought that Lester and Jill sold Freshwater Adventures a few years ago, did I misinterpret that?

Default Freshwater....

Freshwater Adventures is again operating, but under new owners. The current manager is Jerry Ball...907 842-5060.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    Freshwater Adventures is again operating, but under new owners. The current manager is Jerry Ball...907 842-5060.

Dennis
    Operating being open to interpretation.

Bay Air is a great, top-notch, customer service orientated outfit.....Another outfit mentioned above should be avoided like the plague as it has none of the aforementioned qualities........
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."