Thread: Kid friendly Halibut charter

Default Kid friendly Halibut charter

Looking for some info on Halibut charters. My two sons 7 and 10 will be coming up for the summer at the end of May. I want to plan a trip out of Seward and am looking for any input on charters that are "kid" friendly.

Thanks, Lemhi

I charter out of Whittier. I am a foster parent and often let some of my kids go with me if I have space. I pull off onto the beach a couple of times during the day. We don't get sea swells nearly as often as Seward or Homer, so that helps in being kid friendly. If you'd like pictures of kids on previous trips I can e-mail some. We have alot of fun. Rich Adventures Charter (907)350-3401

Default Fishing 45

Sent you a PM

Out of Seward, Capt Eric Clock of Semaka Charters.

http://www.semakacharters.com/index2.html

Fished with him for the first time a couple of summers back, and we've kind of made it an annual summer outing (at least on outing if not more each summer) since then. Eric is a great guy with a small family run operation. I think Eric got more excited when my sons (and my friend's son) hooked up than I (we) did!

When family comes up, Erics who we book.

If you're planning on some time in Seward, trolling for feeder Kings is a good time too with the kids. Try Capt. Dianne Dubuc and Alaska Salt Water Charters.

aksaltwatercharters.com

Default RE Charter

I have been looking for the exact same thing for my two sons 6 & 7. I found that most of the people wern't really interested in the kids because they "interupt" the other clients booked on the boat. A few even said if I pay the full six pack price (6 x $200 = $1,200) I could have the boat all to ourselves. Well, I don't have that kind of money. I just want a kid friendly charter...

If you are willing to head down to Nikiski, JS charters are great with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by fnd1734 View Post
    A few even said if I pay the full six pack price (6 x $200 = $1,200) I could have the boat all to ourselves. Well, I don't have that kind of money. I just want a kid friendly charter...
    There are some coupons in the Northern Lights coupon book that cut the full 6-pack price from $1,200 to $900. I won't be using mine, so if anyone wants them, I'd be happy to drop 'em in the mail. Still a lot of money, but $300 off isn't too bad.

Down here in 6-pack land, most of us LOVE families with kids on the boat. Since my own kids come out with us all the time, I've always got a wide range of non-fishing diversions aboard. Just avoid the crotchedy old geezers who don't remember when their grand-kids wanted to fish and have fun.

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be calling and setting a trip up next month (tax return time).

Charterboat Operator

Default kids

It IS all about the kids, if you are interested in the Anchor Point area we love to have them onboard. My son ,14, has been deck handing for 4 years now, and my 11 year old is our official boat cleaner, after our returns.
    got a few kid pics on the web site, and always fish them for a less price than the adults.
    some times it has to be about the adventure and not always the money.

Greg
    www.polebendersfishing.com

I went on a half-day charter out of Homer last summer on one of the boats that advertises them on the radio a lot. It was cheaper than an all day and we were back by noon. The fish were small, but I figure that when my (young) girls are old enough to go that will be their first trip on the salt, big stable boat, hot cocoa, fast action and not as expensive as a full day charter.

Default Everyone, Thank you

Thank you to everyone for the information. I don't know who is more excited, my boys or me!

Lemhi

man if most adults would fish like the 8 yr old I had 2 summers ago shew, not only a trip but man alive he could fish. Halibut whooped him but the salmon he had it on!

That said I will say this. The earlier in the year you catch a charter, the more likely you'll have a better outcome. Not to say later in the year is any different. Things do start wearing on ya after awhile, and a short tempered day can happen, though I think most of us really work at making things the best they can be there is always that one day. 7 days a week 12+ hour days, not to mention trying to get something hot to eat, clean cloths etc etc....can make for a short tempered person by the end of month 3. Brutal honesty is what it is, take it for what it's worth.