Thread: question on 1st service

Default question on 1st service

How very important is the first service on the four wheeler? I was told that they change the oil and re gap the valves. I had a 300 bayou back in the day and never had it serviced, just kept up on the oil changes and air filter changes and never had a problem. The quote I recieved from the dealer for the first dervice is $300, that seems pretty high.

That is high, we paid about $110 each to have the first service done on our Hondas. What dealer are you working with?

Default good idea

I had the first service after or about the suggested 20 hours on a YMF Kodiak 400. It came back running smoother and easier starts. They'll check other important areas as adjusting the idle, brakes, oil change, inspect cables, etc... It is a good deal! You may want to ask what all is done for the first check up and weigh the amount spent and what the benefits are. It's well worth the $ spent IMO. However, I believe I spent only about $120.00 Is there something they added you are not aware of?

This was the quote from the Yamaha dealer on Spenard in Anchorage. Come to think about it, I only paid about $100 for my 300 bayou's first service. I'll have to do some shopping around before I pay that much. Thanks for the comments!