Thread: Wooldridge Super Sport Drifter

Default Wooldridge Super Sport Drifter

Here you go Dan It. The first pics are of a friends 23 in BC he is a guide on the Fraser river, some nice fish. My hard top will be longer to cover the 4ft bench seats. He had a lot of custom things added on to make the boat work good for the Sturgeon trips he does.

Default 23 Wooldridge

some pics from today

Thats going to me one sweet ride! Looks like you will have as much if not more room to fish from on this one.

Look forward to seeing more pics!

Default Wooldridge

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Thats going to me one sweet ride! Looks like you will have as much if not more room to fish from on this one.

Look forward to seeing more pics!
    There is actually room for 5ft bench seats in this one with the engine forward option. The old boat had 4fters, the nose is shorter so that adds the extra room inside.
    I was in OR last month and got to tour the Kodiak/ Kem Equipment plant, nice to see the engine before it was shipped to WB, lots of Supercharged 6.0 and 383 stroker motors there. They say they are reliable but still only have a one year warranty.

Talking new pics

Now it looks like a boat, they should have the jet in soon then the jet guard on.

She is looking very nice! Love that look with the aluminum windshield, gives it a bit of a kiwi jet boat look.

Default New pics

Just got a few new pics Friday. Won't be long now.

Your old Sport Drifter was even cleaner than the new one is. Just kidding. What colors will she be?

That took several years of polishing to get that look, I hope it stays looking that good on the rivers around Fairbanks. I think I have it down now and a crew to give it a once over when it arrives. The boat will be white with blue and black trim. I'm hoping the white will not show the silt as bad as the blue did.

Default That is one sweet boat, I'll be on the look out

Put a good coat of Shark Hide on my XS three years ago before putting it into the water and a touch up every spring. The hull looks as new. Well except for a few rock scrapes on the bottom.

http://sharkhidemarinesales.com/?page=default

Default sharkhide

I tried it the last year I had my old boat, it worked great 3 trips in the salt and several hundred miles on the rivers and it still looked great. The silt is so bad that when you polish it and use it for a few trips on the Su and Yentna you can see a waterline where it sands down the polish to just the dull aluminum underneath. The Sharkhide seemed to stand up to the silt trying to sand it off. I put on two coats, the rep recommended this and if it did start to loose it's shine just wipe on another coat over the existing layer and it should shine right up.

Default Latest pictures...

We opted to have the rear bench seats fold into 7' x 4' bed... the wife is not much a of a "tent sleeper".

The transom fish box is larger now... it was 4' and now is over 5' wide.

One thing with your fish box is always ensure you have the water off or the outflow/overflows open. It's amazing at how fast water will fill the boat running on step when they plug with fish. If you never look back you would never know, well not at least right away.

If any one was in Homer 2 years ago (July 06) and heard someone calling for help because they were taking on water. Their halibut blocked the outflow holes and the water POURED in. After about 30 to 40 minutes of running back to port, they got pretty heavy with water and when they stopped they got wet feet. We were the boat closest for the assist. Another case of no automatic pump. We got them dewatered and back on their way pretty quick. Once we found the ~LEAK~.
    Last edited by Dupont Spinner; 04-04-2008 at 22:30. Reason: FORGOT NICE RIG WILL HAVE TO WATCH FOR YOU ON THE WATER

Looks like you are about ready to hit the water!

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    One thing with your fish box is always ensure you have the water off or the outflow/overflows open. It's amazing at how fast water will fill the boat running on step when they plug with fish. If you never look back you would never know, well not at least right away.

If any one was in Homer 2 years ago (July 06) and heard someone calling for help because they were taking on water. Their halibut blocked the outflow holes and the water POURED in. After about 30 to 40 minutes of running back to port, they got pretty heavy with water and when they stopped they got wet feet. We were the boat closest for the assist. Another case of no automatic pump. We got them dewatered and back on their way pretty quick. Once we found the ~LEAK~.
    The spicket in the fish box is plumed to the wash down pump"switched on the dash" and will have a garden hose hooked up for EZ cleanup of the boat. I went with two 1750 bilge pumps with an auto switch on one.

Good deal....I have seen a few run off the jet. Nice powerful washdown, but boat has to be under power, and I always wonder if you could overheat the motor if left open.

Two other things to look for is the sand trap and that it's plumbed over board.

Glenn and Grant are great guys and amazing boat builders!! I looked into a sport drifter as a Kenai Guide boat... I think they would really fit in well down here now, esp since the 50 hp change.