Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun needs Identified, help....

Default Gun needs Identified, help....

Hi guys and gals, one of the guns that was stolen from my home I need help to identify the name. I bought this .22 revolver pistol from the ADN classifieds about 15yrs ago. Shot about 2 boxes of ammo through it and put it away never to shot it again, so, I can't remember the brand name of it. It was some off brand GERMAN name. I do remember the gunsmith telling me that this company was trying to make them look like the RUGER BLACKHAWKS.

The german name started with the letter "H". i DO REMEMEBR THAT, LOL.

Thanks Curt

Heckler and Koch? H&K
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Default Maybe...

Hawes Sauer? Just a thought.

'Huberti' may be it. Don't know though. But I wasn't sure if Huberti was Italian or German..

Good luck,

ruffle

Default ID Revolver

Perhaps it was a Herters - they were made by JP Sauer in Germany for Herters and looked something like a Blackhawk. I lost my respect for J P Sauer after I examined a few of the Herters pistols they made!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Perhaps it was a Herters - they were made by JP Sauer in Germany for Herters and looked something like a Blackhawk. I lost my respect for J P Sauer after I examined a few of the Herters pistols they made!
    Really?
    I've only seen a couple of Herters SA revolvers. I thought they were well made.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Herters didn't even occur to me; the last time I played with one of those was about 35-36 years ago, and beloinged to his father. But they were of the 'cowboy gun' design, while the one that I recall handling seems, in my mind's eye, to have had a gloss nickel finish. (????)

The Huberti revolver line also offered a 'cowboy style' revolver; single action, 4-1/2" - 6" bbl, etc.

I think that I recently saw a Herter's revolver on one of the mainstream gun auction forums not too long ago (3-4 months??).

Neither they or the Huberti guns fetch much on the market these days, from the few that I've seen advertised, unless there's a collector's issue that I haven't encountered. Otherwise, most of the pricing I've personally seen associated with them has been in the $200.00 to $300.00 range.

Sentimental value's a whole 'nuther thing, though..

ruffle

I would bet its a Hawes. If memory serves me correctly I seen a couple of them in the early 1970's. Looked very similar to a Ruger single action .357
    Tennessee

The HAWES Lawman and Marshall revolvers were German made.
    As previously mentioned many of the revolvers imported and sold under the HERTERS brand name were made by JP SAUER in Germany.
    There were also several models of Arminius revolvers made in Germany.
    Then there is the Korth series of revolvers which are super expensive.

Uberti and Armi San Marco are Italian gunmakers.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

H. SCHMIDT maybe? I have a single-action .22 made in Germany.
    ..."Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

THATS IT! Herters.

It had a tacky grip on it, white plastic with brown enscribed lines, like a old time cap gun look alike. I pair $30.00 for it then paid $85.00 to get a nice custom wood grip made. Knew if I herad the name It would ring a bell.

Thanks, Curt

Default Herter's SAA .22 with adj sights

"Herter's Authentic Western Singel Action SIx Shot Revolver with Adjustable Sights"

I pulled out my 1968 Herter's catalg and have the pistol on page 543 complete with a picture showing the cheap plastic imitation stag grips. It sold for $19.95, checkered walnut grips were $3.00, or you could get checked rosewood grips for $4.47.

If you PM me your email address I'll send you a .pdf scan of the page.

Nothing like bringing back memories esp. fond ones!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    THATS IT! Herters.

It had a tacky grip on it, white plastic with brown enscribed lines, like a old time cap gun look alike. I pair $30.00 for it then paid $85.00 to get a nice custom wood grip made. Knew if I herad the name It would ring a bell.

Thanks, Curt

Default Jack

It sounds like a revolver I had, wish I hadn't let it go. Mine was in .22 Mag. with fixed sights and plastic "staghorn" grips. It was superbly accurate, and I wish I had the experience to appreciate how extraordinary that was at the time. I killed lots of small game, rabbits and fool hens with it for the pot, and haven't found a camp gun to compare with it since. It was made, as I recall, by J.P. Sauer and Sohns in Germany. It wasn't expensive (mostly due to the favorable exchange rate between the Mark and the Dollar) at the time. Oh, well, I let it go years ago, and the guy who bought it is still giggling. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Jack.

"Herter's Authentic Western Singel Action SIx Shot Revolver with Adjustable Sights"

I pulled out my 1968 Herter's catalg and have the pistol on page 543 complete with a picture showing the cheap plastic imitation stag grips. It sold for $19.95, checkered walnut grips were $3.00, or you could get checked rosewood grips for $4.47.

If you PM me your email address I'll send you a .pdf scan of the page.

Nothing like bringing back memories esp. fond ones!
    PM SENT! Thank you so much!

I have a .22 mag revolver that I think is made by JP Sauer also.
    My mom gave it to me after it sat ignored 20 something years.

I have not shot it yet. Hopefully it will be accurate also.

Default Correction

Just an amiable correction. It is Uberti, not Huberti. This is the Italian gunmaker who makes some fine repro guns these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Morgan View Post
    It sounds like a revolver I had, wish I hadn't let it go. Mine was in .22 Mag. with fixed sights and plastic "staghorn" grips. It was superbly accurate, and I wish I had the experience to appreciate how extraordinary that was at the time. I killed lots of small game, rabbits and fool hens with it for the pot, and haven't found a camp gun to compare with it since. It was made, as I recall, by J.P. Sauer and Sohns in Germany. It wasn't expensive (mostly due to the favorable exchange rate between the Mark and the Dollar) at the time. Oh, well, I let it go years ago, and the guy who bought it is still giggling. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Jack.

Jack, My father purchased this Herders .22 handgun from his brother back in the late 70's. He paid him $100.00 for it. He then gave it to my wife as a present. She still has it. It's like new. Now that my father's passed away, I'd like to sell it. Any idea what it's worth?

Holy cow, lol, you brought up a three year old thread and joined the forum just to ask this?
    List the revolver on gunbrokers for the best possible price.
    Tennessee

Curt, I have the handgun you described. It's like new. My uncle purchased it from Herter's back in the 70's. I have some pictures of it if your interested. Let me know and I can send the photos via e-mail.

Steve P

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE P View Post
    Curt, I have the handgun you described. It's like new. My uncle purchased it from Herter's back in the 70's. I have some pictures of it if your interested. Let me know and I can send the photos via e-mail.

Steve P
    WOW, very old thread, indeed! LOL...... Steve, thanks for the offer, but I doubt if I will ever see that gun again. Back then (when our house was robbed) I needed info for the police and insurance Co. That's been long over.

Thanks again tho,
    Curt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast