Thread: Engraving done in AK?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default Engraving done in AK?

I am not looking for super fancy full coverage scroll or anything, but would like to have some modest engraving done on a couple of my guns. I do not want any kind on new fangled electro etching, laser this or that, or machine cutting whatever performed on my guns, just quality old school engraving in a tasteful modest scroll work. So if you know of a guy, let me know. I got no problem shipping down south for this, but I figure if there is a local Alaska guy, I would rather send some cash his way.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default Jim White

is a world class engraver, no exaggeration. I have seen numerous examples of his work and it is nothing short of marvelous. Having him work on a gun is an investment as well as a pleasure for you. He has engraved for S&W and has engraved 40th Anniversary S&W 329PDs for Great Northern Guns, one of which is currently on display. If you can't find his number in the book, call and ask for Joe at GNG and he'll get it for you. I have no affiliation with Mr. White, I just love his work.

Default Jim White

If I am not mistaken he has been inducted into the Gun Makers Guild which as I understand is quite an honor and a rather exclusive and elite "cream of the cream" select group of artists.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Thanks guys, that’s good information to know. Perhaps I will give him a call and see how booked up he is and what his rates are. Mauserboy, I am gonna have him engrave my initials and some scroll work one each and every one of my cast bullets……………. Ok, only an idiot would do that, but I knew you would get a laugh out of it! Might as well do some gun project dreaming / planning, cause it's too dang cold to go to the range!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default Jim White

Jim White is a supreb Sheep Hunter. He has taken several rams that would make it into the book if he entered them.

He has a long back list of clients so you should contact him quickly,

Sincerely,

Thomas

Is he the engraver from Delta Junction?

Default Anchorage

I believe he lives in Eagle River with his wife who hunts with him and is a medical doctor.

He is at the top of his game and is really a nice guy to boot.

Sincerely,

Thomas