Thread: Unfinished Bear Hunt

Default Unfinished Bear Hunt

We all know the preparation, time, and effort it takes for a successful Alaska hunt. When you finally squeeze the trigger, make the shot, and recover the trophy, you think the hunting is over.........not necesarily. During June of 2005, I was fortunate enough to take a really nice blackie in PWS. A day later, I caught a halibut bigger than I am. I decided to take these two trophies to Palmer for a tail mount and bear rug. Since that time, my taxidermist has run into some major legal trouble, and I am not able to contact anyone about my trophies. This hunt isn't over yet! Is anyone else out there having the same problem?

Default Unfinished Bear Hunt

Fl Bear Bait, you might try contacting the following folks for help and information. The Palmer Fish and Game Office at (907)746-6300, ask for one of their wildlife biologist. In addition contact the Palmer State Trooper Office at (907)745-4247 and ask for a Alaska Bureau of Wildlife Enforcement Officer. Between these two sources you should be able to find out whats happening with that taxidermist. Good Luck.

Gee.......I wonder who the guy was???? Bet I can guess. He's been a cheat and a rip off for a long time. Your probably going to have to file a complaint with the troopers and/or go to civil court to get any satisfaction.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!